Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Composite stock for a Blaser R93

• 04-10-2015 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭

Good afternoon, Gentlemen. This is a serious question here - I was talking to a game-shooting pal this morning about Mr Walsh's efforts and was asked if anybody in Ireland actually made a composite AM stock for a Blaser of any kind, but more to the point, his heavy-barrelled Model R93. My buddy is keen to see what is available on your side of the water.

Messrs Sluds and Walsh were instantly out of the running because their stocks tend to be made of either wood or laminate, and my pal, who only shoots in Scotland, finds a great need for composite material in his stocks.

PSE, my go-to choice in Irish composite stocks, do not make a stock for any kind of a Blaser....which is a great pity, as I'd dearly love to see their efforts on a nice rifle like this one.

Ideas?

TIA

tac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭philmire

tac foley wrote: »
    Good afternoon, Gentlemen. This is a serious question here - I was talking to a game-shooting pal this morning about Mr Walsh's efforts and was asked if anybody in Ireland actually made a composite AM stock for a Blaser of any kind, but more to the point, his heavy-barrelled Model R93. My buddy is keen to see what is available on your side of the water.

Messrs Sluds and Walsh were instantly out of the running because their stocks tend to be made of either wood or laminate, and my pal, who only shoots in Scotland, finds a great need for composite material in his stocks.

PSE, my go-to choice in Irish composite stocks, do not make a stock for any kind of a Blaser....which is a great pity, as I'd dearly love to see their efforts on a nice rifle like this one.

Ideas?

TIA

tac

Have you rang edi and asked or just from his website? He might do a one off for a blazer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

No, I haven't. Based on his website, it seems very unlikely that he'd do a one-off for a Blaser. However, I'll pass the details on to Ian who will no doubt get in touch with him - you never know, eh?

Thanks for that.

tac
    'lots of trains and guns'

Got a nice note from Edi, and no, he doesn't do a stock for any kind of a Blaser. Shame that. With the GRS stock for any Blaser almost four times the price of their regular stock [HUH?] you'd imagine that the market there would be wide open.

Seems not.

tac

PS - look out for a new ultra-lightweight stock from PSE coming up in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭philmire

Got a nice note from Edi, and no, he doesn't do a stock for any kind of a Blaser. Shame that. With the GRS stock for any Blaser almost four times the price of their regular stock [HUH?] you'd imagine that the market there would be wide open.

Seems not.

tac

PS - look out for a new ultra-lightweight stock from PSE coming up in the near future.

W8ing patiently for its arrival :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

What form factor is the new lightweight stock going to take? Same as the E-Tac?

• Advertisement

Quote - we will have a very lightweight tactical stock
    that will be ultra-stiff in a monocoque design.
    Once we have pictures of it we can re-vamp the website...'

And that's all I know, sorry.

But hey, you guys live there, go ask him!

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Quote - we will have a very lightweight tactical

Asked and answered :D

I have an e-tac stock already and it is a brilliant bit of kit, an even lighter one would just be amazing.

I just wished that I had a need for one of these beautiful stocks, but here in yUK I'm all gun-ned out. :(

tac

Advertisement