Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fender 1969 jazz bass

Options
  • 26-01-2005 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

does ANYONE have ANY idea where i can get this bass!?!? i dont really care about cosmetic condition but i'm seriously in love with this bass! every so often you'll find it on ebay for about 1500 - 3000 but generally only available to america... i also dont want to be f*cked over by some asshole with no intention of selling a bass at all! if you know what i mean! anyway, any feedback is appreciated. thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

http://www.gbase.com/gearlist/guitar_picture.asp?guitar=588279
    http://www.gbase.com/gearlist/guitar_picture.asp?guitar=303810

Though if you want my opinion I'd say never, ever buy a CBS Fender without playing it first, there are a lot more **** ones than there are good and the year of manufacture doesn't mean you're getting a good instrument.

Also, there are thousands of people out there waiting to scam someone looking for a vintage instrument and my of the replicas I've seen are very, very realisitic looking ones which would fool experienced buyers.

Tbh, get a re-issue or for the €3000-€4000 it'll cost you for a 69 you could get a Sadowsky or a Hot Wires which will outplay anything you can think of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Or you could pick yourself up a nice Rickenbacker 4001 for about €1500, which as everyone knows is the gentleman bass player's choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

doctor j- you're a legend! i've found some very interesting things!! and as for the rickenbacker! i agree wholehartedly that it is a gentlemans bass... but i am no gent! seriously though, its an absolutely beautiful bass but i just love the vintage jazz and p-basses!

You're welcome.

Seriously, I'd say get a retro styled Sadowsky or Hot Wires, they'll be vastly better instruments than the Fenders which just really aren't worth the money at the moment. You may pay €4000 for an instrument which plays no better than a Mexican Jazz. That's just wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

http://www.sadowsky.com/pages/pop_up/high_res/basses/4_string/uvp_59.html

This is nice, looks the same as Roger Waters p-bass on live in Pompeii, as nice as a p-bass style bass can look imo.

damn right, its beautiful! but i am really fond of the "slanted" models like this ...

Check the Muscial Resources link on the main Instruments board for a thread for Ishibashi. They do lovely 60's and 70's re-issues, the 75 jazz is particularily nice and they are nicely priced.

is that the japanese site? cause i went there and its the hardest to navigate around!!

It's pretty straightforward, click the brans on the left you want to look at.

Anyway, here are two you might be interested

62 Jazz

75 Jazz

The 75 pic on the site looks horrible but those basses are feckin beuatiful in real life

fender%20j.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Look at that carpet!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

If you have the cash look into a Sadowsky Metro.Seriously bass J basses out there

feylya wrote:
    Look at that carpet!

It's an ok carpet, I've seen better ;)

Advertisement