Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

buiral ground question

Options
  • 01-02-2013 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

over 30 yrs ago we had the heartbreak of the death of our baby son. He is buried in the same graveyard as my husbands parents. The thing is I dont remember or have any recollection of actually "buying" the burial plot and certainly dont have any paperwork regarding it. Now my husband is getting worried that there would be some problem if one of us died. How do I find out if we actually own this plot? sorry if this is the wrong forum :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Who owns the graveyard? Is it council owned or private? Are the undertakers you used at the time still in business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭starlings

I'm sure the parish church would help you look up the graveyard records, or put you in touch with whoever could help. Sorry for your loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Is your baby in the same plot as your husband's parents? As another poster said, the parish priest is your best bet. Or maybe the graveyard care taker? Best of luck anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Its your local authority who will fill you in on the situation regrding the burial plot. http://www.environ.ie/en/LocalGovernment/LocalGovernmentAdministration/LocalAuthorities/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

do you have the code of the plot? if so go to the office in the graveyard and ask for the deeds to the plot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

do you have the code of the plot? if so go to the office in the graveyard and ask for the deeds to the plot
    There wouldnt be any graveyard office in any graveyard outside the big cities. The local authority are responsible for the burial grounds, not the catholic church.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

Hi thanks for all replies. No my baby is in his own plot, not with his grandparents. I dont have any code for the plot. As far as I know the undertaker is still in business. im guessing that would be the best place to go for information as im thinking it was they that made the arrangements for the plot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭starlings

best of luck Gubby. x

Advertisement