Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garmin Fenix 3 in BM store in Ireland ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

They're the ones I bought back in December, from the same company. I'm looking at my order confirmation and there is no P&P charge, and they were only £1.99 at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Blacks currently have the optical HR version for 405. Presume if you know/are a student you could get another 10% off this.

https://m.blacks.co.uk/product/garmin-fenix-3-sapphire-hr-watch/215015

A new version of the Fenix being replaced, sure it's only pocket change starting at $900, up to $1,500.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/08/garmin-fenix-chronos-details.html

Garmin-Fenix-Chronos-Lineup-5_thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I ordered mine off the net without trying it on and didn't realise it was a plastic case (the fact it said 316 stainless on the back made me assume it was steel) so was disappointed when it arrived. The new model addresses that, but I'm not sure the price premium would justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Anyone buy screen protectors for the Fenix 3?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Membrane-Screen-Protectors-Garmin-Fenix/dp/B00WU7OM1Y/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1469000123&sr=8-3&keywords=fenix+3+screen+protector

Was looking at the above but they are not fulfilled by amazon so extra delivery cost.

Anyone know of a place in IReland (Dublin/Kildare) where I could buy some screen protectors??

Thanks,
    BObbyT28

I did get these before but then found I didn't really need them, have been using the watch daily for more than a year with no issue.
    There's also a prime option for the ones you've listed above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    I did get these before but then found I didn't really need them, have been using the watch daily for more than a year with no issue.
    There's also a prime option for the ones you've listed above.
    Mine has convered nearly 6,000 miles, and apart from some minor wear on the pointy part of the bezel, there are no signs of wear and tear.

So... Has anyone uploaded a photo to their watch? I do kind of like the irony of this one. Must have another browse of the Connect IQ apps at some stage to see if there's anything useful yet.

I added one just to see how it looks. Obviously there's limits with the resolution but if you've a simple enough pic it's adequate, it's not like you'll be looking at it all the time anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Bugsy2000

So is everyone ready to ditch their watches & upgrade to the Fenix Chronos?

Only $1500 for the top model!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Bugsy2000 wrote: »
    So is everyone ready to ditch their watches & upgrade to the Fenix Chronos?

Only $1500 for the top model!

Haha no chance. Apart from the cost I just can't imagine going for a 10k run with that on my arm!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Major Dad

My Fenix 3 won't sync with Garmin Connect, and it's driving me nuts. I use the USB cable to connect it to my home PC, and then open Garmin Express. That side all works fine - my activities all appear, but I keep getting this message that says "Error syncing with Garmin Connect". It all worked fine until about a month ago, and then last week I somehow managed to reset the watch to factory settings, so now I have no apps or decent watch faces. Where am I going wrong ? Cheers.

• Advertisement

Major Dad wrote: »
    My Fenix 3 won't sync with Garmin Connect, and it's driving me nuts. I use the USB cable to connect it to my home PC, and then open Garmin Express. That side all works fine - my activities all appear, but I keep getting this message that says "Error syncing with Garmin Connect". It all worked fine until about a month ago, and then last week I somehow managed to reset the watch to factory settings, so now I have no apps or decent watch faces. Where am I going wrong ? Cheers.

It you reset it you quite possibly need to repair it to Garmin Express or you might have a suspect file.
    Use the Garmin Connect website to manually upload your activities, then delete them all, see if that makes any difference.
    Then delete the device from Garmin Express and go through the set up process again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Got one of these recently, not the optical HR, just the standard Fenix 3.
    It's an amazing device.
    I haven't dipped into newer technology for a while (had a 405 for years - it finally stopped uploading the data points of where the runs went) and this device is (to me) absolutely outstandingly amazing.
    I am too competitive though, even with myself. I found myself walking around the local park there at 10pm the other evening just to get my steps for the day up.
    The sleep monitor is like black magic.
    The amount of data you can sift through with the run dynamics is also mind-blowing. I am mindblown.

It's not cheap but it's just amazing. And you can use it as a watch.
    I turned off the notifications thing, that was just a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Peterx wrote: »
    I turned off the notifications thing, that was just a bit much.

I had it connected to my work email and nearly had tendonitis by the end of the day!

Its an awesome watch by any standards

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

The postman brought me a fenix 3 today (not the optical HR, just the standard watch). Woohoo! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Djoucer

The postman brought me a fenix 3 today (not the optical HR, just the standard watch). Woohoo! :)

Where did you get it? Good deal?

Djoucer wrote: »
    Where did you get it? Good deal?

Firstly I should state that I bought it online and not in a bricks & mortar store... apologies, considering the original topic of this thread!

Anyway, I got the fenix 3 'grey' version with the black rubber strap and HRM-Run heart rate chest strap from Rose Bikes for €359.10.

Here's the link, but I notice that the price has increased to €399 now.

Shipping was €8.95, but I was buying a few other things, so I was okay with paying that much for shipping.

There is a good deal on Amazon at the moment in which the version with the red strap is £309.10 (so approx. €351.69) with free UK shipping.

Firstly I should state that I bought it online and not in a bricks & mortar store... apologies, considering the original topic of this thread!

Anyway, I got the fenix 3 'grey' version with the black rubber strap and HRM-Run heart rate chest strap from Rose Bikes for €359.10.

Here's the link, but I notice that the price has increased to €399 now.

Shipping was €8.95, but I was buying a few other things, so I was okay with paying that much for shipping.

There is a good deal on Amazon at the moment in which the version with the red strap is £309.10 (so approx. €351.69) with free UK shipping.

£286 direct

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

seriously considering a fenix 3, but not sure whether to get the wrist hrm version or the standard version with hrm run strap. Is the wrist version worth the extra?
    edit, i run and bike, and like the looks of the fenix as an everyday watch as well as an activity watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭pats22b

Good value in the metal band sapphire hrm bundle version in ultimate outdoors.co.uk
    370 stg delivered http://m.ultimateoutdoors.com/product/no-colour-garmin-fenix-3-watch-sapphire-performer-bundle/226765/

pats22b wrote: »
    Good value in the metal band sapphire hrm bundle version in ultimate outdoors.co.uk
    370 stg delivered http://m.ultimateoutdoors.com/product/no-colour-garmin-fenix-3-watch-sapphire-performer-bundle/226765/

thanks!
    dont think i need the sapphire version - looking at the performance bundle for £290...

http://www.ultimateoutdoors.com/equipment/180081-gar-fenix-3-perform-grey.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Got to say i would have been disappointed if i had not got the HM version. It is becoming a standard feature and while i use the heart rate strap for running/ workouts due to the better accuracy and extra information the built in HR makes it a top quality all day activity tracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Got to say i would have been disappointed if i had not got the HM version. It is becoming a standard feature and while i use the heart rate strap for running/ workouts due to the better accuracy and extra information the built in HR makes it a top quality all day activity tracker.

I am tempted for that reason. I have the HRM strap but it rarely leaves the drawer, but on the other hand, I do find that the watch is really too big to be worn as an everyday watch (despite the fashion of hugely oversized timepieces)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

One of the people at work wears one as their normal watch and it's always looked fairly big to me. Amazing device by all account going by what he tells me about it.

Btw the leaks are starting on the Fenix 4 for early next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

If you are interested in the running metrics some of them need the chest strap to read.
    I have the older one, the one with the strap, and it's fine. Actually it's nearly more than fine, I only put on the HR strap when training and racing and it's a good mental cue that now we are ON and it's time to focus. Like putting on your race shoes. Once again, only if you think like that..

For the all day activity tracking aspect of the device though you would get the optical HR for sure, that wasn't important to me.

lennymc wrote: »
    seriously considering a fenix 3, but not sure whether to get the wrist hrm version or the standard version with hrm run strap. Is the wrist version worth the extra?
    edit, i run and bike, and like the looks of the fenix as an everyday watch as well as an activity watch.

You might have done so already lenny, but here is the review from DC Rainmaker of the Fenix 3 with the optical heart rate (HR) sensor in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭pats22b

Had my first run with mine this morning. Seriously impressed so far. World away from my old polar watch. Loved the auto dumping to the connect app on the phone and all the running metrics just sitting there waiting for you. Just have to figure it all out now !!

Thanks for all the info guys - I had a good think about this, and read all of the reviews and I really don't need one, so I bought one (as you do). Went for the HR version at here.

Looking forward to getting it and trying it out.

(I hadnt seen the HR review dastardly - thanks for that)

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭vigos

Didn't think the fenix HR came in silver as its not shown on the garmin website, looks great!

watch turned up this evening, too late to go for a run tho. Feels really nice on the wrist and isnt as big as I thought it might be. First impressions are good. I will have to wait until lunchtime tomorrow. Any recommended apps/widgets etc?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 gobgoo

Only 265 including delivery on Amazon.de for fenix 3 hr

Advertisement