Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip-Hop 2012

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

2 Chains was a standout on the BET Cypher, but anything else I've heard from him is muck.

Here's my latest discovery -> J.Manifesto. Everyone should stop what they are doing and check this out. I'm only a few tracks in and it's dope.

http://jmanifesto.bandcamp.com/album/j-manifesto

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

New THURZ mixtape. I'm clearing my schedule and cancelling meetings for the rest of the day to listen to this.

http://www.icontact-archive.com/989xsSWhQWRwsiKiAVSFZ7A1Z6J-upjo?w=1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

That THURZ mixtape is unreal. Got so into it that I forgot to go and make my dinner. Starving like a mofo now.

It helps also that one of my favourite new artists BJ The Chicago Kid is on it. He brought the MadGibbs tracks "Shame" to another level and he was very good on the one he's on here as well.

I'll definitely be listening to it again.

On another note MF DOOM has said that he's gonna be doing more songs with Madlib. A new record is "almost done".

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.21005/title.mf-doom-calls-nas-a-great-freestyler-promises-new-madvillain-music-talks-masta-ace-jj-doom

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm not as excited about this as I should be. I think that Brother Ali is getting a bit too preachy, or maybe that I think that I'd like to hear more of him doing more 'Shadows' style songs.

Brother Ali has fallen off a lot the past couple of albums, even the LP he did was pretty weak apart from the 1st song. Find the new track very very preachy and don't like the direction at all.

Hopefully it will make Jake One free go do more stuff with Freeway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    New THURZ mixtape. I'm clearing my schedule and cancelling meetings for the rest of the day to listen to this.

http://www.icontact-archive.com/989xsSWhQWRwsiKiAVSFZ7A1Z6J-upjo?w=1
    That THURZ mixtape is unreal. Got so into it that I forgot to go and make my dinner. Starving like a mofo now.

It helps also that one of my favourite new artists BJ The Chicago Kid is on it. He brought the MadGibbs tracks "Shame" to another level and he was very good on the one he's on here as well.

I'll definitely be listening to it again.

On another note MF DOOM has said that he's gonna be doing more songs with Madlib. A new record is "almost done".

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.21005/title.mf-doom-calls-nas-a-great-freestyler-promises-new-madvillain-music-talks-masta-ace-jj-doom

WOW.

Not too familiar with Thurz, but big into that tune I have to say. Downloaded the tape and will give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Will have to give that THURZ a listen, LA Riot was alright hopefully this is better. Will listen tomorrow morning on the bus.

Big pile of meh, as was Slaughterhouse's On The House.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Lovin this new joint by Big sean

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Lovin this new joint by Big sean

"Detroit" mixtape drops at 11 tonight. I know he's not everybody's cup of tea but I cant wait personally.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    "Detroit" mixtape drops at 11 tonight. I know he's not everybody's cup of tea but I cant wait personally.
    I wouldn't consider myself a massive Big Sean fan. I like this track though. He has some good stuff. I'll probably listen too the mixtape. If their are a few tracks on this level it could be good.

Can't be any worse than Wayne's Dedication 4 bullsh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Listening to new Necro, I came across this vid on youtube. How did I not hear this before. Anyone know what D12 is up to these days?

"Do you think that I can get a little boy pregnant? (I'm bout to busssst) we'll find out in a second" Classic Bizarre

• Advertisement

Bizarre is the weirdest man in hip hop. He's a freak really. Some of the stuff he comes out with is crazy.

I'm pretty sure D12 are on hiatus. Bizarre and Mr. Porter/Kon Artis have both left the group in the past few months. I can't see them making a comeback from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Listening to new Necro, I came across this vid on youtube. How did I not hear this before. Anyone know what D12 is up to these days?

"Do you think that I can get a little boy pregnant? (I'm bout to busssst) we'll find out in a second" Classic Bizarre

That is just weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Ghostface Killah is apparently dropping an album in November with Adrian Younge, with RZA as exec producer :)

For anybody who doesn't know this guy, here's a taster;

Should be pretty good!

Also, Freddie Gibbs is releasing Baby Faced Killa next Wednesday, I've been waiting 2 years for this, I can't see Freddie disappointing

Bizzare, but still better than Big Sean.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭surball

horsebox09 wrote: »
    Ghostface Killah is apparently dropping an album in November with Adrian Younge, with RZA as exec producer :)

For anybody who doesn't know this guy, here's a taster;

Nice, must give that Venice Dawn album another go. Similar sounds to that black dynamite score. GFK will be a good fit to his style.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rittz rapping to Tech N9ne's song Questions. Sounds like he is dissing Yelawolf for signing to Interscope and leaving him behind.

Class track

horsebox09 wrote: »
    Also, Freddie Gibbs is releasing Baby Faced Killa next Wednesday, I've been waiting 2 years for this, I can't see Freddie disappointing

Really looking forward to this. He very rarely puts out anything that isn't brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

im hyped for this... great promo this from xzibit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

That Louis XIII track with King T and Tha Alkaholiks wasn't bad, the production is pretty **** but the lads pull it off with good verses.

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    That Louis XIII track with King T and Tha Alkaholiks wasn't bad, the production is pretty **** but the lads pull it off with good verses.

im one of dre's biggest critics here of his recent work but in fairness he nails that beat, 100 per cent killed it. Its a good song all round, that beat sh*ts on anything from that sleeping pill of an album mbdtf.

You have issues.
    Seriously.

I highyl doubt Dre even produced it.

Has ghost production written all over it.

You have issues.
    Seriously.

I highyl doubt Dre even produced it.

Has ghost production written all over it.

if only dre could change the face of hip hop like kanye did... oh wait... :rolleyes:

if only dre could change the face of hip hop like kanye did... oh wait... :rolleyes:

Dre's finished and has been for 12 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

That promo video is good stuff, looking forward to this album a lot more now, Xzibit up there on my favourites list, the king louis track was nice imo, loved the beat whether it was produced by dre or not.

You may have heard of some small artists by the name of Eminem, 50 cent and Game?

Even some great Jay-Z, Xzibit, d12, busta and nas stuff all after 2000.

some great d12 stuff

Wat?

if only he sold out and went 808 maybe that could save him. He has been pretty bad in recent years but 12? come on... Dre has produced more classics through his artists the last 12 years than kanye.

Devils night had a lot of Dre work on it, more than Mr. Porter actually.

• Advertisement

if only he sold out and went 808 maybe that could save him. He has been pretty bad in recent years but 12? come on... Dre has produced more classics through his artists the last 12 years than kanye.

You talking sold out?

YOU ARE OBSESSED WITH 50 CENT!

Advertisement