Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supplements

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

if ya like orange throw in a rubex(orange flavour)
    very nice also, or pick a fruit ya like and pop that in;)

I think the problem when I used the pineapple was that I wasn't using enough of it to mask the taste. Might substitute Rubex with my daily Berocca alright!!
    Piste wrote: »
    You could try making it chocolate flavoured by using some 100% cocoa powder.

I tried it with Options Hot Chocolate before but again, I don't think I used enough of it to mask the taste...I guess I"ll just have to experiment some more!!

Thanks for all the tips guys!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Hey guys,

I was thinking about putting a few scoops, maybe 70 grams worth of protein worked backwards, of unflavoured protein into a 2 liter bottle of water and having it in work with me.

Saves me going and mixing them up etc and can just work through it during the day, anyone tried this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

good idea...might do something similiar myself

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Malteaser! wrote: »
    I think the problem when I used the pineapple was that I wasn't using enough of it to mask the taste. Might substitute Rubex with my daily Berocca alright!!

I tried it with Options Hot Chocolate before but again, I don't think I used enough of it to mask the taste...I guess I"ll just have to experiment some more!!

Thanks for all the tips guys!! :)

Yeah a teaspoon of cocoa powder had several times the taste of options so it'd probably mask the taste more.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/capsules-tablets-softgels/sports-supplements/

Anyone know if any of these supps will help bulk me up a little extra? And aye, my diet and workout is spot on. Just curious about whether something else would help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Superdub2

Howdi,

Ran into a comparison review of this product on youtube. Its a tab taken before you train. The review compared it to no xplode and said it was better. As anybody who has used no xplode will tell you that would take some beating!

So has anybody taken it and what is it like. Ive been useing no shotgun since no xplode got outlawed but isnt quite the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

if youre looking for energy try getting 1mg B12 tablets they give you great energy in the gym and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Hey smokey,

where would you get them? And what are they?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

NO supps are a waste of money - you are basically spending E50+ on caffeine, which is the only proven stimulant in the ingredients - you could argue for AAKG aswell, but if you bought these 2 on their own , you would get the same impact for 10% of the price - NO supps dont help with muscle building, id sooner spend my money on a few steaks

/end mini-rant

They are the vitamin b12 and you can get them here:
    http://www.vitacost.com/Source-Naturals-Methylcobalamin-Vitamin-B12

that AAKG is there also
    http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-NitrO2-Arginine-Alpha-Ketoglutarate

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Superdub2 wrote: »
    Howdi,

Ran into a comparison review of this product on youtube. Its a tab taken before you train. The review compared it to no xplode and said it was better. As anybody who has used no xplode will tell you that would take some beating!

So has anybody taken it and what is it like. Ive been useing no shotgun since no xplode got outlawed but isnt quite the same!

I don't suppose the people who put the vid on youtube are also the guys who make the product? Cos if they are, I've a fantastic bridge for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Superdub2

Hanley wrote: »
    I don't suppose the people who put the vid on youtube are also the guys who make the product? Cos if they are, I've a fantastic bridge for sale.

haha no they arent put they could be getting paid for it. However im pretty sure they are independant and they also compare it to no xplode so why would bsn want that happening. And finally, thats why i am asking here! How much fo the bridge??

As for the rest of you. Thanks for feckin hijacking the thread as not one person has responded to my question!!

If you want to know about supplement feedback then check out the bodybuilding.com forums thats what i do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Question on the differences in Protein quality:
    Does the protein content of Whey protein make that much of a difference?
    I.e. my old brand was 90% protein, but it was pretty expensive.
    The last Protein I bought was 78% protein, but was half the price. So does this 12% make much of a difference? Is it worth paying twice the price for the 12% extra?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Leon11

The last Protein I bought was 78% protein, but was half the price. So does this 12% make much of a difference? Is it worth paying twice the price for the 12% extra?

In my opinion no. Your talking a minuscule difference of 3-3.5g of protein per serving versus a 50% saving on cost. I know which one I'd go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭De Deraco

Question on the differences in Protein quality:

really it depends on what the other 12% is exactlly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Is the loading phase on creatine neccesary and if so how much would I need to take a day for a week and how much would I need for maintenance thereafter? O I'm male 75kg and just under 6' and work on heavy weights about 3 times a week on different body parts. I've looked up the info but its all so contradicting.

Thanks for replys :)

What creatine is it? Mono or Ethyl Esther?
    There are many different opinions about loading.Personally when i used mono i done a loading phase of 10 grams a day for 10 days then maintenance 4-5 grams a day afterward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 colosseum

Trying to put on a bit of bulk for the last few months, was taking Dymatize mega gainer, and found it good. Then I went into optimum nutition and the guy told me BSN true mass was better. Is anyone taking these how do you find them?
    Since swapping I find myself looking a bit deflated! also the Bsn stuff tastes like rat piss.
    Was wondering also if I'm running 8 km's 2 days a week and weight training for size 3 days a week is it gonna be more difficult to put the weight on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

I seem to remember hearing somebody say a while back that RAM is now being made in different factory (IIRC) and that it tastes worse. Is this true? I picked up a tub of orange a few weeks back and only tasted it the other night for the first time, Im sure it tasted worse than before, I used to love the taste. Any other decent PWO shakes out there? Might try something new when Im done with this batch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 deant

Try cal shake!!!!!!!
    Malteaser! wrote: »
    Lads, I have a load of unflavoured whey that I want to use up, problem is, every time I try it, it makes me want to retch. So basically I'm looking for something to mask just how disgusting it tastes.

I know I recommended Options hot chocolate to a few people here - I heard it was gorgeous from one of Hanley's mates - to all those people, I apologise. It actually tastes awful. I saw someone recommend making a smoothie out of it with ice and pineapple but that was awful as well.

The question is, am I being unrealistic thinking I can make this nasty protein taste somewhat decent and should I just give up, hold my nose and chug it back?? Or has anyone discovered something I can mix it with to make it taste yummy??

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Arctic89

Quick question.

I'm currently using The Supplement Factory's Whey and Recovery shakes. I take one whey in the morning and one after a workout (hurling training/games, weights, running) or before bed. I take the recovery straight after training. My question is, which should I be taking first? i.e most directly after training, the whey or recovery. Or should I just leave out the whey after training, I doubt that much powdered water/milk can be any good for the body so soon after a workout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Arctic89 wrote: »
    Quick question.

I'm currently using The Supplement Factory's Whey and Recovery shakes. I take one whey in the morning and one after a workout (hurling training/games, weights, running) or before bed. I take the recovery straight after training. My question is, which should I be taking first? i.e most directly after training, the whey or recovery. Or should I just leave out the whey after training, I doubt that much powdered water/milk can be any good for the body so soon after a workout.

id just take the recovery after a workout, and continue to take the whey in the nmorning and at night

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Dwn Wth Vwls

Any suggestions how I can try the flavours of whey without buying a whole tub? Does anybody do sample sizes that are only a scoop as opposed to an entire pound?

www.hpnutrition.net . great value based in munster area , 5 euro postage all of ireland

I wouldn't trust a company that doesn't capitalise or use full stops, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭deiseff

Did anyone ever use thermoex??

Supposed tobe very good but not sure if i want to go down that road.

Are they side effects?? Does it really work??

deiseff wrote: »
    Does it really work??

How's your diet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭deiseff

Diet is very good at times when training. Fruit for breakfast. Have main meal around 2 or 3 pm then some snack in the evening maybe soup or salad.

Prob is i can do this for a few weeks and then stop.Im working a full time job, getting called out for other job in the middle of the night and then try mind a two year old on top of this!!

Sleep can get very disruptive and hence your eating times, diet and training.

I eat plenty of veg and white meat in meals. Just after a few weeks it can go t*ts up!!

I know thermoex is not goin to work miricales but if it could help me shift the extra few pounds it be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 simoncc

Hi

I use a NO/Creatine combo (Nitrobolon) and have been looking at adding Leukic....does anyone know if this is a good combination ?

Thanks

Simon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

Im a 5'9-about 68-70kg at the moment. Since I've been gyming it I've put on about a stone and a half and bulked up considerably. I seem to have plateaued at the minute and think I need to start with some supplements to Keep my body going.
    I've been feeling fatigued after my workouts and have been trying to eat more of the good stuff to fuel it-but in college its hard to do.

So heres the question-what supplement should I take? I want a mix of everything really and was wondering if there is a product that ticks all my boxes. I want to bulk up a bit more, so creatine and protein look like the way to go-but want something that will aide in recovery too.
    Am i looking for too much out of one product!!

Advertisement