Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving!!!!!

• 16-09-2015 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

hi all

i am moving down to westmeath in the next 13 weeks, i wondered can anyone give me advice on moving like when should i update my billing/ postal addresses and when should i start packing. i work full time at the minute and normally have 2 days off so i really dont have that much time !!! i am useless with packing and stuff like that cos to me it is torture!!!! any advice would be great!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jenniwenni

Are you interested in joining the local scout group Scoutinglady?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 scoutinglady

What group are you with?

1st 10th

• Registered Users Posts: 14 scoutinglady

i have already been in touch with 7th westmeath as they would be my local group!!

Our paths may cross in the future!

Sorry - not much help with info about move!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭klm1

I've recently made the same move, I've moved quite a bit in my life so I'm kind of familiar with the process now.

I started to pack a few weeks before I needed to move, put non essentials into nice boxes, well marked with a list on the side of the contents. (btw - Any McDonalds will give you free cardboard boxes which are great for packing as they are all uniform sizes.)

I informed some companies ahead of time that I was moving, gas&electricity, they asked for a date and old meter readings and it was all very simple. Broadband was a bigger issue, moving house was a new connection and therefore a new contract, let them know close to your date and be prepared for moving delays.
    As I got closer to the moving date I packed more and more of my stuff.
    If you can have an overlap of a few days between being out of old place and into new place, take it, that way you can move your stuff over a period of a few days.
    Good luck!

Advertisement