Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5K Portlaoise St Patricks morning 11:30 am

• 20-02-2012 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Portlaoise Athletic Club are hosting the annual Property Properly Streets of Portlaoise Run on the 17th March.

You can enter here http://www.runireland.com/events/property-properly-streets-portlaoise-5k

Registration from 9am in the Heritage Hotel.

Race starts at 11.30am. €15 for adults. €10 for under 18's. €2 for teh Juvenile 1 k race. Cash Prizes. Could be a good way of working up a thirst!!! Prizegiving and changing facilities in the Heritage Hotel.

Oh and i'll be making noise on the mic from 10am:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

This will be my next race. Looking forward to it never ran a 5k before. Will keep an eye out for you Elvis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Its a fast 2.5k loop circuit done twice. Ideal for a PB:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Genghis

Sounds like a new course, I really liked the 3.5 lap course last year, what is the new course?

Genghis wrote: »
    Sounds like a new course, I really liked the 3.5 lap course last year, what is the new course?

Now that i don't know, i was just talking to a committee member and they said about it being 2 laps. I'll pop him a mail and see can i get the info !

• Registered Users Posts: 23 door handles

Now that i don't know, i was just talking to a committee member and they said about it being 2 laps. I'll pop him a mail and see can i get the info !
    Any news on the route there using yet:confused:

• Advertisement

Any news on the route there using yet:confused:

I'll post what i know but unless your a local it won't make any sense to you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

any update on the route ...thx

1. DOWN MAIN STREET
    2. LEFT AFTER SHAWS
    3. LEFT AT FITMAURICE SQUARE
    4. RIGHT AT TOP OF TOWER HILL
    5. LEFT AT RAILWAY BRIDGE
    6. DOWN MAIN STREET AGAIN (FOR 2ND LAP)
    7. LEFT AT SHAWS
    8. LEFT AT FITMAURICE SQUARE
    9. RIGHT AT TOP OF TOWER HILL
    10. RIGHT AT RAILWAY BRIDGE
    11. LEFT AT HARPERS LANE ON MOUNTMELLICK ROAD
    12. LEFT AT TOP OF HARPERS LANE
    13. LEFT AT
    14. STRAIGHT ALL THE WAY DOWN INTO MAIN STREET
    15. FINISH AT SHAWS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE TOWN

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

Thanks a million Elvis, hope the rain stays off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭marchino

What was the race like this year? very crowded and narrow last year.
    Any where Actually to view results.?.
    Precision timing web wont open them, <it opens Ballivor 5mile ect. fine.> and club website is microsoft office rubbish that you need to pay for to open the file.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

marchino wrote: »
    What was the race like this year? very crowded and narrow last year.
    Any where Actually to view results.?.
    Precision timing web wont open them, <it opens Ballivor 5mile ect. fine.> and club website is microsoft office rubbish that you need to pay for to open the file.

A friend of mine who ran it said there was an issue with the timing chips. Don't think they registered at all :eek: He said it was a great race though and a great atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

This was up on Lindie Naughtons blog:
    Streets of Portlaoise 5km (367 finishers; very provisional and no times due to chip malfunction. See Portlaoise AC on Facebook).
    Men: 1 Michael Mulhare (Portlaoise AC) ; 2 Tommy Hayes; 3 Tommy Evans (Gowran); 4 Pat Byrne (Tinryland); 5 Colm Burke (M45); 6 Harry Lupton. M40: 1 Colm McEvoy (St Abban’s). M45: Colm Burke. M50: Eddie Walsh. Jun: 1 David Mulhare (Portlaoise AC) ; 2 Padraig Curry.
    Women: 1 Pauline Curley (Tullamore Hrs, W40); 2 Jody O’Reilly; 3 Sheila Coyle (Raheny Shamrock); 4 Margaret Danagher; 5 Catherine Murphy (Slaney Oly, W40); 6 Mary Mulhare (Portlaoise AC). W35: Paula Grant. W40: Sinead Maher. W45: Ann Kavanagh. Jun: 1 Louise Stack; 2 Kayleigh Woods.

http://lindienaughton.blogspot.com/2012/03/results-rond-up-march-17-19.html

This certainty isn't the 1st time precision have messed up leaving the club trying to scrap together a set of results from photos/videos etc :rolleyes:

Hope everyone had a good time, i do believe their was a problem with the chips on the day.

Great to see 47 people doing C25k and their 1st 5k.

Good atmosphere and big crowd for the morning that was in it.

Advertisement