Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can 1998 Commercial Landrover be converted to passenger?

Options
  • 05-01-2011 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hello,

Im looking for a bit of advice. My neighbour has a 1998 Commercial Landrover (it has five doors) which he is selling at a good price. Id like buy it but because of the new commericla tax laws, it would only be feasible for me to do so if it had seats in the back. I was wondering does anyone know if it can be converted to a passenger jeep easily ( as i said it has the 5 doors).

And if it can be converted, could it be done cheaply enough?

Thanks for your help :)

Comments

Possibly not easily as the holes for the seat bolts etc may well be welded up, if it was not a commercial from new that's quite likely to be the case I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭frank gooding

Should be easy enough to do just vrt will do there best to screw you mind.

Fixings for seatbelts and seats should be easy enough to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

As RoverJames says, it depends on how the conversion was done. If done on import the seatbelt mounts will have been welded up, windows plated etc etc and may not be worth it. If it was originally an Irish registered passenger one later converted to commercial, there may not be so much damage so would be easier to put back.

What it started as may also affect whether you get clobbered for VRT. You'll pay over €900 road tax on it.

No problem getting parts, it's a late 300Tdi Discovery 1 I assume you are looking at, there's plenty being broken with terminal rot. There's plenty of good passenger ones for sale as well so do your sums.

Advertisement