Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

CCW's annual Uprising event comes to Glen Rovers GAA Hall, Cork City on Easter Sunday March 27th. The show will feature all the top CCW Stars including Ricky Combat, The Establishment, Mr KO Marion Armstrong, Bingo Ballance, Ballymun Bruiser and many more

This year we have an even bigger surprise as US Star Chuck Taylor will be competing on the night.

Tickets 10 Euro Kids (Under 14), 12 Euro Adults available NOW at Eventbrite.ie or Ticketmaster.ie. Pre purchase online to avail of a FREE Meet & Greet with Chuck Taylor & the stars of CCW.

Matches announced so far:

Main Event CCW Heavyweight Championship Triple Threat
    Ricky Combat (c) v Jack Vice v Lee Cahalane

Chuck Taylor v The Ballymun Bruiser

Womens Match:
    Valkyrie v Raven Creed

For more up to date match info as it happens LIKE Celtic Championship Wrestling on Facebook or visit www.ccwofficial.com

CCW_Easter_Uprising_Final_Poster_with_belts.jpg

Also for wrestling fans living in the Cork area there will be a Wrestlemania 32 Party April 3rd kicking off at 9pm with a live screening og WM 32. For more info join the event page below:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1030186350379706/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Alan Nutritious Sunblock

Keep me posted about the mania party please. Not on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Did someone say one of the Steiner Brothers was coming to Ireland around now or was I dreaming?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Did someone say one of the Steiner Brothers was coming to Ireland around now or was I dreaming?

Belfast next Thursday! And just Scott, not Rick. Although Magnus will be on the tour as well I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭saladtime

Not sure if meant to ask here but I'm after 2 x Meet n' Greet tickets for the OTT Mr Kennedy show.

If anyone can't make it do Private Message me and I'll happily buy them off you.

Thanks

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Belfast next Thursday! And just Scott, not Rick. Although Magnus will be on the tour as well I think.
    What are the details of the show, I didn't hear anything about it? It's been more than 20 years since I saw Scott Steiner in the flesh. I always preferred Rick though because he looked like a little terrier or something, he made me laugh.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

What are the details of the show, I didn't hear anything about it? It's been more than 20 years since I saw Scott Steiner in the flesh. I always preferred Rick though because he looked like a little terrier or something, he made me laugh.

Full disclosure, myself and the boys will be at the event introducing Scott! Details about it here. There is a VIP deal where you can get a photo and autograph with him beforehand.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Keep me posted about the mania party please. Not on Facebook

Wrestlemania Party is on Sunday April 3rd from 9pm at The Kino, Washington Street, Cork City. Tickets available at Eventbrite.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Anybody have OTT on their radar Saturday night? My usual mean street posse are all disposed this weekend so I might go it alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I have never been as none of my mates are PW fans and always been tempted to go on my own. Can you pay on the door for OTT or is an advanced ticket purchase required?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Have bought on the door a few times no problem. That said, the supershows (involving former WWE superstars) tend to get capacity crowds. Last months show was the busiest I've seen it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Any reports from how last night's show went? Saw a few Snapchats that looked like the place was bouncing.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭sixfingered

Ageyev wrote: »
    Any reports from how last night's show went? Saw a few Snapchats that looked like the place was bouncing.

Yep, went to my fifth or sixth OTT show last night. Really enjoyed it once again, though possibly the weakest of their shows I've been too? Couple of screwy finishes and all that. Though maybe I'm judging too harshly after how great it was last month.

Two things I'd say to folks who have friends who don't like wrestling so feel they've nobody to go with:

1. The crowd, vibe and fun are so good that you'll definitely enjoy yourself regardless.

2. Since myself and another wrestling-loving friend started going to the shows we've generally just gone together. Last night we brought a few non-wrestling fans for the first time and they all loved it so much that by lunch time today, all of us plus another two have bought tickets for the next show.

If you're based in Dublin and like wrestling, give it a crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Yeah I found last night to be the weakest I've been to as well, its kind of hard to top the three way they had last month and a lot of the finishes killed things. The pin endings were pretty predictable and there was too many DQ's for what was supposed to be their yearly supershow. I lost interest during the Kenned match as well. Will be back next month for sure though.

It's gas how much fun non-wrestling fans have.

My girlfriend came with me the two times that I went and she was amazed at how good it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cianocarroll

It was my first OTT show.

I absolutely loved it and I'm definitely going again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Yeah I found last night to be the weakest I've been to as well, its kind of hard to top the three way they had last month and a lot of the finishes killed things. The pin endings were pretty predictable and there was too many DQ's for what was supposed to be their yearly supershow. I lost interest during the Kenned match as well. Will be back next month for sure though.

I thought the DQs were to make it look like there might be a DQ in the main, plus accentuate the perfidiousness of the British wrestlers.

I've been going since the Outer Space Oddyssey, and it's been great every time. Best night out I've had in years.

Ospreay was the best though.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Hb6g6

Heard Scott Hall is coming to Dublin in May for a Q&A

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

He is certainly in Cypress Avenue in Cork May 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Hb6g6

gimmick wrote: »
    He is certainly in Cypress Avenue in Cork May 19th.

Yeah he's gonna be in Whelans on the 17th of May

Rev_4_Online_Image.jpg

Celtic Championship Wrestling Presents its biggest all ages show of the year. This event will feature the very best of Irish Pro Wrestling with 3 Championship Matches on the night. Also competing on the night will be former TNA Star Doug Williams. Williams has done it all and wrestled all over the world for promotions including TNA, ROH and Pro Wrestling NOAH in Japan to name a few.

Doors Open at 6:30pm, Belltime 7pm.

We advise to pre order your tickets at Eventbrite.ie or Ticketmaster.ie. If you book your tickets online you will receive a FREE MEET & GREET following the show.

Matches Announced:

CCW Heavyweight Championship Match
    Ricky Combat (c) v Lycan

CCW Tag Team Championship Tables Match
    The Establishment v The Sidekicks v The Woods Bros

CCW All Star Championship Triple Threat Match
    Xavier Burns w/ Tony Kelly v Bingo Ballance v Omega

Womens Match
    Raven Creed v Elektra

Jordan Devlin v Doug Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Williams vs Devlin should be a great match.
    Best of luck with the show.

Are You Ready for CCW REVOLUTION IV? This is an event not to be missed, it will feature former TNA & ROH star Doug Williams as well as all your favourite CCW wrestlers!

Pre order your tickets NOW at Eventbrite.ie & Ticketmaster.ie. Purchasing tickets online will entitle you to a FREE MEET & GREET with Doug Williams and all the CCW Elite. CCW revolution gets bigger every year. Don't miss out on the biggest show of the year!!!

I went to a Wrestling.ie show in Clonmel on Saturday there. I only lasted until the 3rd match or something. It was too geared towards children for me. A complete waste of money. Has anyone here ever been to any of their shows? Now don't get me wrong, they are very good at what they do and are probably earning more money than other groups are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Are Wrestling.ie rebranded IWW?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

gimmick wrote: »
    Are Wrestling.ie rebranded IWW?

Most of the performers are from Fight Factory's crew. Not sure who the promoter is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

RichyX wrote: »
    Most of the performers are from Fight Factory's crew. Not sure who the promoter is though.

Just clear this up...

Fight Factory Pro Wrestling and its crew have nothing to do with wrestling.ie

• Advertisement

Any of yis heading to OTT tonight? Will Ospreay is on the card in a tag match. He was great on the Evolve shows Mania weekend.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1024746240924236&id=662426023822928&ref=m_notif&notif_t=admin_plan_mall_activity

Advertisement