Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 anxietyguy77

Thanks for the reply.

So far the side effects I have are nausea and dilated pupils.

This might sound daft, but I am concerned about not being able to drink while on them. Although I'm not a big drinker, since I've moved here it's kind of an essential as it's the best way to make friends, any opinion on drinking while on them? Is it a major no-no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Thanks for the reply.

This might sound daft, but I am concerned about not being able to drink while on them. Although I'm not a big drinker, since I've moved here it's kind of an essential as it's the best way to make friends, any opinion on drinking while on them? Is it a major no-no?

Read the leaflet & chat to doc or pharmacist. Lexapro is not known to interact with alcohol however alcohol is a depressant and will heighten anxiety. Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Unfollowed this thread for a while because I thought I was "over it."
    There's no such thing as being over it though, I've realised.
    Everything has gone to sh*t. I've nothing to doand even if I did have something to do I wouldn't have the energy to do it. I'm just left with my thoughts, which are horrible. I've no money for the doctor and even if I did, I don't have money for meds. Is this what it's like for ever? Does it never stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Unfollowed this thread for a while because I thought I was "over it."
    There's no such thing as being over it though, I've realised.
    Everything has gone to sh*t. I've nothing to doand even if I did have something to do I wouldn't have the energy to do it. I'm just left with my thoughts, which are horrible. I've no money for the doctor and even if I did, I don't have money for meds. Is this what it's like for ever? Does it never stop?

It may be a weak moment for you, try not to compound this. By nothing to do, do you mean social life? job?

Tell me, is it more anxiety than depression or the other way round?

The worse times have always lead to me to find new ways to suffer less, but during them the suffering is always bad. Is there anything you do that has helped before? It sounds like your mind is in race-mode!

It may be a weak moment for you, try not to compound this. By nothing to do, do you mean social life? job?

Tell me, is it more anxiety than depression or the other way round?

The worse times have always lead to me to find new ways to suffer less, but during them the suffering is always bad. Is there anything you do that has helped before? It sounds like your mind is in race-mode!

I have a bit of a social life and no job. No one will hire me. It's both depression and anxiety and depression is worse at the moment. Nothing has helped in the past. I just kind of snapped out of it for a while but it's back now.

• Advertisement

I have a bit of a social life and no job. No one will hire me. It's both depression and anxiety and depression is worse at the moment. Nothing has helped in the past. I just kind of snapped out of it for a while but it's back now.

How long have you been feeling this way again? I'm like a broken record in here like this, but have you tried slowing your body down consciously, mindfulness, yoga meditation, it's just proven to change the brain and body for the better and it helps me when I feel my mind revving-up for a race.

Try and at least acknowledge the space around you, that there is space around your head, the walls are far away, the sky is even further, look at yourself from a satellite distance above. My head gets physically sore from processing every single thought, and I am prone to feeling claustrophobic within my own body. It got to a point where I just had to do something, I believe it takes a conscious effort and all I can say to you is that it helped me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 s k

Google RELAQUIL i suffered from social anxiety for 32 years. Not anymore. I hope it works for u

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Marzipan85

Thanks for the reply.

I've found lexapro good. didn't get much in the way of side effects, except for sinus cold (which was top of the list for side effects) for about 2 weeks. I went through very rough period too about two months ago and feeling a lot better now.

Also, my doctor was saying to keep alcohol to a minimum as it's not really known how alcohol interacts with the drug.

Haven't posted in a while as I've been doing relatively well lately. However, today, I've just been feeling nothing, no excitement, no sadness, no happiness, nothing.

I went into work and although I've a good few friends there, I wasn't bothered with them, just did my bit and went home. I came home just now and don't know what to do with myself, nothing interests me in the slightest at the moment. I'm talking to my girlfriend on Facebook at the moment and it's quite a struggle, I'm just not in the mood for a conversation, not in the mood for anything, I just feel nothing at the moment, like a ghost drifting by.

If I were depressed, I could kinda understand but I'm not, I'm just nothing. It's really weird. I can't remember ever feeling like this.

sounds like you are feeling disconnected? snap out of it! lol only jokin. hope u r feeling better.

How long have you been feeling this way again? I'm like a broken record in here like this, but have you tried slowing your body down consciously, mindfulness, yoga meditation, it's just proven to change the brain and body for the better and it helps me when I feel my mind revving-up for a race.

Try and at least acknowledge the space around you, that there is space around your head, the walls are far away, the sky is even further, look at yourself from a satellite distance above. My head gets physically sore from processing every single thought, and I am prone to feeling claustrophobic within my own body. It got to a point where I just had to do something, I believe it takes a conscious effort and all I can say to you is that it helped me.

I've been depress on and off since I was about 6. I'm 19 now so about 13 years.
    I've tried meditation but I always end up laughing. I can't take myself seriously at all while I'm doing it!

• Advertisement

Stress & triggers mean Hersheys ain't happy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Realtivity

I was prescribed Zispin for the first time yesterday. When I opened the package from the chemist I was given Mirap instead.

I know the news today is that Chemists will be allowed substitute Generics in the near future but should she have done this today?

I assume Mirap the same as Zispin?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dar926

Realtivity wrote: »
    I was prescribed Zispin for the first time yesterday. When I opened the package from the chemist I was given Mirap instead.

I know the news today is that Chemists will be allowed substitute Generics in the near future but should she have done this today?

I assume Mirap the same as Zispin?

I was on Mirtazapine 45mg soltabs for 5 years...sometimes I got Mirap and somtimes zispin...its all good and the only difference I ever noticed was the taste :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Is it acceptable to have the inexplicable urge to cry despite the fact that the sun is shining?

phi3 wrote: »
    Is it acceptable to have the inexplicable urge to cry despite the fact that the sun is shining?
    Hells to the yeah!

Yea sure have a cry, get some new energy in and then appreciate the sun with new eyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭donnbradman

Due to overtraining I've being diagnosed with depression. My GP set me on these anti-depressants and as a result my sex drive is zilch. Should I go off the anti-depressants or ask the doc to change my prescription. I am afraid if I do go off them though it might have some consequences however my failure to get the little fella up is really affecting, and I feel just in general I have no testostorone which i badly need when playing sport

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Due to overtraining I've being diagnosed with depression. My GP set me on these anti-depressants and as a result my sex drive is zilch. Should I go off the anti-depressants or ask the doc to change my prescription. I am afraid if I do go off them though it might have some consequences however my failure to get the little fella up is really affecting, and I feel just in general I have no testostorone which i badly need when playing sport

Talk to doc before changing anything - above all be honest and say what's not working, if you use sport as your issue, the little fella won't be addressed, different meds do different things to each individual, it's a matter of finding what suits you and your lifestyle, Above all don't just stop taking them, and i hope the best for ya lad. PM at any point if you feel you need to..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Is it cipramil by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

Hersheys wrote: »
    Stress & triggers mean Hersheys ain't happy :(

dislike:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

posted on this thread 3 or 4 times before, just wana put this on here, guess I'm looking for yer opinions/thoughts or whatever!

So started a new job about a month ago, in recent weeks I feel anxiety is just taking over. Last night at work I dunno what was happening with me but I got so anxious I started to develop a rash, just panicking, I just wanted to cry. I have social anxiety & I'm pretty sure this is the problem cause Iv become paranoid people think I'm a bit odd cause I don't talk much & cant have the banter with them! Most of the people I work with are grand but I just can't relax, cant have a converstation or craic a joke with them :(

I'm thinking of going to my Dr. to get so tabs for this anxiety cause I know I can't go on anymore, its just getting worse. In the last 2 weeks Im dreaming about work & messing up the whole time. I dont get wtf all of this is happening why cant I just get on with my work in peace & get on with people without being so paranoid with whole time? :(:(

I think I'm scared to go to my dr in case she doesn't give me anything. Iv only ever met the woman once & find her a "cold" person. Then again Im scared if she does give me something I'll get too dependent on them or there might be very bad side effects.

:(

posted on this thread 3 or 4 times before, just wana put this on here, guess I'm looking for yer opinions/thoughts or whatever!

So started a new job about a month ago, in recent weeks I feel anxiety is just taking over. Last night at work I dunno what was happening with me but I got so anxious I started to develop a rash, just panicking, I just wanted to cry. I have social anxiety & I'm pretty sure this is the problem cause Iv become paranoid people think I'm a bit odd cause I don't talk much & cant have the banter with them! Most of the people I work with are grand but I just can't relax, cant have a converstation or craic a joke with them :(

I'm thinking of going to my Dr. to get so tabs for this anxiety cause I know I can't go on anymore, its just getting worse. In the last 2 weeks Im dreaming about work & messing up the whole time. I dont get wtf all of this is happening why cant I just get on with my work in peace & get on with people without being so paranoid with whole time? :(:(

I think I'm scared to go to my dr in case she doesn't give me anything. Iv only ever met the woman once & find her a "cold" person. Then again Im scared if she does give me something I'll get too dependent on them or there might be very bad side effects.

I understand where you're coming from. Work is very hard for me recently too. I don't get on with anyone here- I talk to no one most days. I have started a mantra in my head of "It's only a job, it's only a job, it's only a job." I just do this to get me through the day. Do my job and get out of there. It doesn't fix the problem but it does stop me bursting into random tears at work.
    You probably should mention it to your doctor. There may be something she can give you for the anxiety.
    Maybe try to talk to your colleagues one to one to begin with. It can be very hard to crack a new group when you find talking a bit difficult.

Do you mind me asking why dont you talk to anyone at work? Im the same keep telling myself its only a job etc but in reality l need to keep this job, its only a summer job atm so l need to make a good impression...l know lm not :( Think il make an app to see my Dr tomorrow

I have social anxiety & I'm pretty sure this is the problem cause Iv become paranoid people think I'm a bit odd cause I don't talk much & cant have the banter with them! Most of the people I work with are grand but I just can't relax, cant have a converstation or craic a joke with them :(

pretty much feel the exact same as you when it comes to work situations. really sucks! the idea that i can 'crack a group' as someone mentioned, and feel socially comfortable, is pretty much impossible for me. I recently started medication, and hopefully that'll help. Tho I'm no longer working, so can't give any progress reports! I was also very worried about taking medication, but you are right in that you can't go on feeling like this forever. Life was given to us so that we can be happy and enjoy life. (getting a bit waffly now, don't know what my point is!)

^
    I'v been thinking about going on tabs for about 2 years, but l never really wanted to go down that road but last night kinda shook me especially with the rash & then being so paranoid the whole night, its not normal, l cant put up with it again...have u SA too?

^
    I'v been thinking about going on tabs for about 2 years, but l never really wanted to go down that road but last night kinda shook me especially with the rash & then being so paranoid the whole night, its not normal, l cant put up with it again...have u SA too?

yep. I do! if you want to send PM (never used PM before, but should be able to figure it out) I can answer any other questions.

Insomnia blows.

Can't sleep. Head rushing. Full of a mix of positive thoughts which I can't process. So my normal reaction to strong thoughts is self harm so that's where I'm headed cos I can't sleep.

Weird q. I'm with a new therapist. So far so good etc. Still in the getting to know you phase. Grand. But I find myself doing a lot of talking about the minute little details I get bogged down on in life. Should I be talking this much? I don't want to waste her time.

But it just seems like a whole load of **** has gone on since I started in therapy that have taken priority in my head.

Do you mind me asking why dont you talk to anyone at work? Im the same keep telling myself its only a job etc but in reality l need to keep this job, its only a summer job atm so l need to make a good impression...l know lm not :( Think il make an app to see my Dr tomorrow

I don't really talk to people at all. People at work don't seem to want to talk to me. They think I'm shy and stuff. I never know what to say to people anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Jesus Christ why the fcuk can't I talk to anyone?? :(:(:mad::mad:

Even on this like. I've typed up two posts trying to get everything off my chest but it seems like every time I get anywhere near the end of it I just delete it again.

I mean, if I can't even allow myself to express how I'm feeling and what I'm going through on this in order to try and get some help then what hope is there for me??

I'm just sick of everything at the moment. Or maybe I'm just sick of myself, that's probably more accurate.

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    Jesus Christ why the fcuk can't I talk to anyone?? :(:(:mad::mad:

Even on this like. I've typed up two posts trying to get everything off my chest but it seems like every time I get anywhere near the end of it I just delete it again.

I mean, if I can't even allow myself to express how I'm feeling and what I'm going through on this in order to try and get some help then what hope is there for me??

I'm just sick of everything at the moment. Or maybe I'm just sick of myself, that's probably more accurate.

Just type it and hit send. Don't even read back over it. Don't worry about what you say, No-one here will judge you. That's the whole point in this thread, We all understand how it feels.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement