Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sunvic 3channwl controller

• 08-02-2014 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have a sunvic controller for central heating and hot water. This morning it reset itself, which it does regularly, and I reprogrammed it but the clock isn't working. It just stays at whatever time I set it to. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

I had trouble with my central heating that I initially thought was faulty zone valves but turned out to be with my Sunvic 3 channel controller.

I eventually figured out the problem which was that because of a slightly uneven wall it was mounted to, the plastic standoff stub on the right hand side which should touch the wall wasn't. Thus when people pressed on the controller buttons the controller would be torqued/pivoted away from the mounting bracket on the left hand side. Eventually the retaining clips holding the controller to the wall mounting bracket broke and/or bent allowing the controller to lose contact with some/all of the electrical contacts/wires that go off to the boiler.

Unreliable contact with the electrical connections caused symptoms like you describe.

I glued a shim to the back of the casing on the righthand side touching the wall to prevent further torquing when someone pressed buttons thus keeping the electrical contact points on the left side in contact with points of the wall mounting plate. Haven't had any trouble since.

Have a look at the back of the controller from the right hand side to see if the standoff plastic stub is touching the wall. If not, you might have the same problem as I had. Of course it still might be something else but its worth investigating.

Advertisement