Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant Defy 5 Saddle Angle Adjustment

• 22-01-2014 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Would I be right in saying that the seat on a Defy 5 is fixed and as such I've no way of changing the angle of my saddle without changing the seat post? It's just I'm trying to match the Defy to my other bike which has the saddle dropped 3 degrees.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭C3PO

I'd be amazed if there was no adjustment in the saddle angle on any Defy but I could be corrected on this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭GLC

C3PO wrote: »
    I'd be amazed if there was no adjustment in the saddle angle on any Defy but I could be corrected on this!

I would of thought there would be myself but I just can't see it, possibly just me but the adjustment screw is clearly evident on my other bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭C3PO

Throw up a photo of the underside of the saddle/seat post and you'll get an answer quick enough!

Tried uploading photos but wasn't exactly happening for me! I'll try again.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Loosen the Allen bolt in the pic and tilt the saddle. It's a notched adjustment.

crosstownk wrote: »
    Loosen the Allen bolt in the pic and tilt the saddle. It's a notched adjustment.
    Thanks, so I just push the nose of the saddle down when it's loose? Will it not straighten itself when I tighten the clamp again?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

GLC wrote: »
    Thanks, so I just push the nose of the saddle down when it's loose? Will it not straighten itself when I tighten the clamp again?

When you loosen it you can move the saddle angle. Loosen it, move the saddle angle and tighten. It is only restricted by the 'notches'.

Just loosen it and get a feel for what adjustment is available to you.

crosstownk wrote: »
    When you loosen it you can move the saddle angle. Loosen it, move the saddle angle and tighten. It is only restricted by the 'notches'.

Just loosen it and get a feel for what adjustment is available to you.
    Brilliant, I'll get a look at that tomorrow, thanks again!

Advertisement