Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Monk: Complete Seasons 1 - 6 (25 Discs) - €33 delivered [Sendit]

• 04-04-2009 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

Fantastic price!

I know it's a very acclaimed television show and won numerous Emmys (primarily for Tony Shalhoub's performance as Monk) but I don't think I've seen one single episode. For anyone that has, is it worth watching?

At about fiver a season, it must be worth a shot though!

6019759x.jpg
    Buy it @ Zavvi
    Private detective Adrian Monk has brains, instincts, a photographic memory and more than a few Obsessive Compulsive Disorders. These traits, his-ever present handy wipes and his devoted assistant, Natalie Teeger (Traylor Howard), help him as he solves cases involving amnesia, betrayal, first-loves, true loves, and of course, murder.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

http://www.sendit.com/sendit/9996891.product

Just saw this on HUKD, sounds like a very good deal. The reviews are good
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0312172/ , so I just bought me a copy!:)

(also available from thehut & asda (and zavvi too http://www.zavvi.co.uk/zavvi/9996891.product, good for those who have them mysterious £5 vouchers that were mentioned))

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Monk-Merge!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

basquille wrote: »
    For anyone that has, is it worth watching
    I don't watch it religiously, but I have dipped in and out whenever it's on Hallmark and I've nothing else to do. Tony Shalhoub is very good, and the Monk character can be quite funny. Plus, Ted "woman suit" Levine is in it too :D

Well worth it at that price.

basquille wrote: »
    Monk-Merge!

:D

Great minds and all that!:pac::pac:

Cheers RobertFoster.. I've dipped in and out when it's on Hallmark but I've merely "watched" in the background.. never really gave it a look.

I've a second unclaimed voucher from Zavvi so have let them know that it isn't working. If they send me on a working one, I'll definitely buy this!

Might even buy it if they don't.. it is a damn good price!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭VanZan

Do Zavvi do free shipping to us here in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

VanZan wrote: »
    Do Zavvi do free shipping to us here in Ireland?

they do indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

This box set seems to have gone up to ~£40 @ zavvi / thehut / sendit.

still £29 as ASDA, but not for much longer i'd wager.

Mines on the way. Very suprised at my recent orders from sendit being dispatched so fast) But it will be the last box-set I ever buy* (because I am broke and have waaaaaayyyyyy too many box sets, wouldn't even like to count them....not to mind find the time to watch them)

*disclaimer-I will buy selected box sets that I have to buy:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Anyone get this yet? I got a dispatch email on April 17th, and no sign of it yet. Angry letter time?

• Advertisement

Anyone get this yet? I got a dispatch email on April 17th, and no sign of it yet. Angry letter time?

I got mine within a week of my dispatch notice. Usually when any of the asda/zavvi/sendit/thehut send out a dispatch notice, it genuinely means its on the way! Must have got lost en route.

Advertisement