Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vivacity resurrected from shed

Options
  • 12-11-2008 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a 2003 Peugeot Vivacity Scooter that I used for 3 years during college but have left abandoned in the shed for over 2 years.
    It started pretty easily when I took it out this evening and went for a spin around the estate.

What should be done before putting it back on the road? Is servicing a scooter that difficult? I do most bits and pieces on cars myself but have never looked at a bike. I can't even remember what a service used to cost me. Advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

ajk24 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have a 2003 Peugeot Vivacity Scooter that I used for 3 years during college but have left abandoned in the shed for over 2 years.
    It started pretty easily when I took it out this evening and went for a spin around the estate.

What should be done before putting it back on the road? Is servicing a scooter that difficult? I do most bits and pieces on cars myself but have never looked at a bike. I can't even remember what a service used to cost me. Advice?

Sure it wouldnt hurt to change the spark plug and air filter, drain the petrol tank and the carb of any stale petrol. Drain any stale 2 stroke oil and refill with fresh stuff, Make sure the 2T pump is primed OK. You might as well change the gearbox oil while your at it, and check tyre air pressures. All very easy to do.

Advertisement