Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

firestone firehawks

• 29-09-2007 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭

has anyone any experience of these tyres? good bad or indifferent??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

There were three new ones on a 2004 Golf TDI that I bought from a VW dealer in November 2006. Today, there is still 7mm on the rear one, and about 5-6mm on the front one (about right for my driving style and the distance driven over that time).

However, I'm not mad on them as a tyre - not great in the wet, but pretty good in the dry. I'm not sure of the price (they were on it before I bought it), but when the time comes, I'll probably look at Bridgestone RE720's (or whatever is the equivalent current model) like the ones on my other car. The FF's don't look that nice either*.

*Once the other criteria (grip/safety, longevity, price) have been satisfied, I try to choose tyres that look good in the size I need - nice square shoulders, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭patrickc

i'm not overly bothered about the look of them, more interested in grip ect coming into the winter..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Understood - looks are last on my list (but still on it) - I won't be buying them again, based on their wet grip, but only because there are better tyres out there - if you are getting them for a good price, and you don't drive in a particularly demanding way, then go ahead and get them, they are not dangerous or anything, it's just that I reckon that I could do better...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭patrickc

Type 17 wrote:
    Understood - looks are last on my list (but still on it) - I won't be buying them again, based on their wet grip, but only because there are better tyres out there - if you are getting them for a good price, and you don't drive in a particularly demanding way, then go ahead and get them, they are not dangerous or anything, it's just that I reckon that I could do better...

cheers i'll bear that in mind....

Advertisement