Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coolmine Industrial Estate

Options
  • 09-02-2015 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know what was here before the estate was built.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Fields, all fields.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

A mine employing James Dean and Steve McQueen?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Moved to Dublin 15 forum

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

You can use maps.osi.ie to see historical maps. From them, yep, just fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I was just wondering if there was a hospital up along that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

MrMorooka wrote: »
    You can use maps.osi.ie to see historical maps. From them, yep, just fields.

Looking at the old maps, there was a gate lodge on the Clonsilla Road on the site (opposite whats now Porterfield estate), it appears to be the entrance to what was Coolmine estate, the main house was located on the site of Scoil Oilibhéir. No other structures of note on the adjoining lands from way back when.

Ok thats good.Did anyone ever have an paranormal experience around those parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

dubstarr wrote: »
    When I was a kid (when St Francis Xavier school was in prefabs where Scoil Oilibhéir is), we thought that some nearby ruins (edge of Millennium Park I guess) was Dracula's Castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

daymobrew wrote: »
    When I was a kid (when St Francis Xavier school was in prefabs where Scoil Oilibhéir is), we thought that some nearby ruins (edge of Millennium Park I guess) was Dracula's Castle.

There was a summer camp at coolmine, they used to tell the kids that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Yep, not IN the industrial estate itself, but at a crossroads nearby to it. Though it'd be difficult to explain what happened and likely hearing of it as a 3rd party it probably wouldn't sound anything other than strange. But even recalling that night makes me feel uncomfortable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

I love a good ghost story, what happened?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Moved from D15 in anticipation of discussion of paranormal stuff

Well my fella works in one of the buildings up there.He was in on his own last Saturday morning went to the loo.He was walking past the ladies toilet,felt like someone was looking at him,looked in and seen a teenager wearing a white nightdress.He didnt feel afraid.
    It was like he caught her off guard looking at him.

He has heard noises before and walking around when he would be there on his own but this was the first time he has seen anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Well my fella works in one of the buildings up there.He was in on his own last Saturday morning went to the loo.He was walking past the ladies toilet,felt like someone was looking at him,looked in and seen a teenager wearing a white nightdress.He didnt feel afraid.
    It was like he caught her off guard looking at him.

He has heard noises before and walking around when he would be there on his own but this was the first time he has seen anything.

Two things. I have heard of happenings in industrial estates & office blocks before. People working after hours in big empty office buildings are more likely to hear bangs and noises. I also have a family member who came "face to face" with a "spirit" (for want of a better word) and said they didn't feel afraid either. So this emotion seems to be a common reported factor with these types of things.

I spoke to two people with absolutely no belief or interest in the paranormal who said they seen a figure in bed clothes on the CCTV screen walking along a corridor when they were doing IT work late at night. Suspecting there was a break in they ran out to the corridor but no one was there. The building was all locked up so entry from the outside was impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Im not usually one to think of doing pranks, but I can see a good one in this, hockey mask+axe, although it could all go wrong on an employers property if the gardai ended up being called.

No the shop was locked up as he was the only one working.Its just interesting as he would be a non believer really.

There looks to an old lane that runs though the estate (no longer there) it connected to the clonsilla road via a grat house to the walled gardens of coolmine house.

cc6dd326-f8b2-4aec-b746-dd47b7cd754b_zpswjbjhpsv.png

Here is the lane (red) thought the industrial estate on a modren map, the gate house was at the clonsilla road end.

dubstarr was the incident within any of the business along the old lane????

b979930e-d47d-49b3-bf30-59b29e59ac8b_zpsmdsp76yc.png

i dont know i will find out
    Do you know if Powercity is on the red line.

i dont know i will find out
    Do you know if Powercity is on the red line.

Powercity is the top left in believe

• Advertisement

Well then yes its close to the red line.

Well then yes its close to the red line.

True

The place is not Powercity but it wouldnt be too far from it.

Advertisement