Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 Preseason Testing

Options
  • 01-02-2015 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭

Starts today! Sunday-Wednesday in Jerez, and here's the Sunday lineup:

MERC - ROS
    RBR - RIC
    WIL - BOT
    FER - VET
    McL - ALO
    STR - SNZ
    LOT - MAL
    SAU - ERI
    SFI - N/A

I know times are completely meaningless but I don't care, I'm just happy F1 is back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

As with testing there will be upgrades aplenty. Should be some engine failures too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Zcott wrote: »
    Starts today! Sunday-Wednesday in Jerez, and here's the Sunday lineup:

MERC - ROS
    RBR - RIC
    WIL - BOT
    FER - VET
    McL - ALO
    STR - SNZ
    LOT - MAL
    SAU - ERI
    SFI - N/A

I know times are completely meaningless but I don't care, I'm just happy F1 is back.

Weren't performances last year fairly indicative of what transpired? Of course the Renault engined cars improved dramatically but it was clear from testing last year that the Mercedes were miles ahead with Williams being good.

Should learn plenty in this years tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Weren't performances last year fairly indicative of what transpired? Of course the Renault engined cars improved dramatically but it was clear from testing last year that the Mercedes were miles ahead with Williams being good.

Should learn plenty in this years tests.

Bur last year's testing also made Red Bull look like a heap of scrap which went in to finish second in the championship

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

christy c wrote: »
    Bur last year's testing also made Red Bull look like a heap of scrap which went in to finish second in the championship

I know apart from Renault who weren't ready it gave a good indication.
    It looks like Mercedes are in a different series again. Rosberg nearly has more laps done than everyone else combined with 91 laps completed and the nearest being the Sauber of Marcus Ericsson with 30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Rosberg ended the day completing 150 laps. That's good going.

Advertisement