Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vote without card

• 12-06-2008 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

Will id be enough on the day or do i need a polling card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

You defintely need a voting card. No vote without one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

just id i think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

it should be ok so i have being told

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I went down without my card for Nice II (My first vote) and was told to go home and get it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Probably depends on where you are. If you are in one of the large urban stations then possibly not, but down the country we do things a little differently :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

marco_polo wrote: »
    Probably depends on where you are. If you are in one of the large urban stations then possibly not, but down the country we do things a little differently :pac:

I seem to remember being in without a card on at least one occasion and being allowed to vote. Depends on the person on duty to some extent.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Scofflaw wrote: »
    I seem to remember being in without a card on at least one occasion and being allowed to vote. Depends on the person on duty to some extent.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Well I live in Dublin now, but back home in Clare I never once brought a card to the pooling station. Probably does depends mainly on the polling officers personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You do not need the card. It is for your information only. You will probably be asked for id. You also do not have to hand over the card.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Newtie

Quick question, I got myself on the supplemental register well before the deadline, but I didn't get a polling card in the post like my flatmate did the other day. Should I have, in that perfect world where County Councils work properly? Does not getting the card mean I'm not actually on the supplemental register, so I'll be screwed when I go vote later today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭karen3212

I just rang my local council, and they told me where to go to vote. You have to be allowed to vote he said, as not everyone will be posted out or get a card. Bring id, I'm bringing licence with my address and my passport.

happy voting!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

If you have official form of photo id (passport / drivers licence / gov issued id) and you know where your local polling station is, you will have no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Just voted- had lost the card so I brought my passport- no problem at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Yes indeed you can vote without a polling card
    I didnt receive one yet again but have been able to vote in the past without it anyway.
    It would be a shame if ones ability to vote was based on the competancy or otherwise of An Post :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I had my polling card with me this morning, but they didn't ask for id at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

So long as you're on the register you can vote with photo id.

Advertisement