Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Workouts for skinny guy starting out.

• 16-10-2013 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all.
    Looking for a workout programme which i can use. I'm 5"9, and 58 kg, so I'm fairly skinny and weak. My legs are fine because I'm a dancer, and three nights a week means I've a fair amount of mass on my legs. I go to the gym 3 times a week, and wanted to know if anyone would have a suitable programme for me to help me increase my upper body strength, and to add some mass to my frame.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭awesomelakes

I'm a novice to all this, but the 5x5 stronglifts programme is highly recommended. It would fit in well with your schedule too as it only requires 3 workouts of around 30-40 minutes per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CiFlood

I'm a novice to all this, but the 5x5 stronglifts programme is highly recommended. It would fit in well with your schedule too as it only requires 3 workouts of around 30-40 minutes per week.

What does this programme entail?? It sounds ideal!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭awesomelakes

CiFlood wrote: »
    What does this programme entail?? It sounds ideal!

You can download it here: http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/

Basically you have workout A and B, you do ABA one week and then BAB the next.

Workout A is 5 sets of 5 reps of squats, bench presses and barbell rows. Then workout B is 5 sets of 5 reps of squats, overhead presses and then 1 set of 5 reps of deadlifts.

It's a great programme, if you've never lifted before you just start with the empty barbell (20kg) and add on 2.5kg after each workout.

Good luck!

Advertisement