Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Mobile

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

Re: Can't download from Marketplace on Windows 7 HTC Radar phone.

No luck with wiping the phone. Still the same problem about not being able to download from the Marketplace.

I tried it with a 3 sim though and it works perfectly :confused:

Hi there

This one is confusing. We do no network level blocking of ports or services so it has to be device related. There must be somewhere to set an apn for the marketplace or else the marketplace is doing its own network identification/filtering? The device may be setup to recognise the 3 SIM but not Tesco Mobile.

I suggest you follow up with HTC and I will do likewise.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

...Once the bundle expires ...

Hi Paul
    Can you actually see anywhere when your (data) bundle expires?
    The 'My balance and bundles'-page doesn't show an expiry date.

Thanks

lil5 wrote: »
    Hi Paul
    Can you actually see anywhere when your (data) bundle expires?
    The 'My balance and bundles'-page doesn't show an expiry date.

Thanks

Are you Pay Monthly?

Pay as you go

Pay as you go

Yes this is an issue at the moment that I expect to resolve shortly. The expiry date should show and it should also show when you do *100*6#
    to check your data bundle balance

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement

Expiry date also doesn't show up when using *100*6# (<-- thanks for that)
    Just displays ' ... expires on -. You have xxxMB od data remaining.'

So once my credit drops when I'm on the web I'll better get the next bundle.

Expiry date also doesn't show up when using *100*6# (<-- thanks for that)
    Just displays ' ... expires on -. You have xxxMB od data remaining.'

So once my credit drops when I'm on the web I'll better get the next bundle.

Yes, the date issue is affacting both places. The tech team have indetified the issue and I expect resolution shortly.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Cianh

Hi Paul,

This could be a phone issue rather than a network issue i'm not sure.

I've joined tesco mobile this week on pay monthly with a samsung galaxy s2. I activated the account today (the number should be ported tmrw)

The phone is making calls and sending texts but there is a small r beside the signal bars. The roaming is on and it is shown as on in the phone settings. I dont know how to turn it off.

I've tried selecting my phone network automatically, but when i choose tesco mobile it makes no difference. (When you check in phone settings it says it is connected to tesco mobile, so it shouldn't be roaming at all)

Also I cant use 3g, i don't know how to turn it on or off, this is probably related to the problem above?

Hope thats clear enough?

Thanks for any help

Cian

Yes, the date issue is affacting both places. The tech team have indetified the issue and I expect resolution shortly.

regards
    Paul

The expiry date issue should now be resolved on the balance check for data bundles

Regards
    Paul

Cianh wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

This could be a phone issue rather than a network issue i'm not sure.

I've joined tesco mobile this week on pay monthly with a samsung galaxy s2. I activated the account today (the number should be ported tmrw)

The phone is making calls and sending texts but there is a small r beside the signal bars. The roaming is on and it is shown as on in the phone settings. I dont know how to turn it off.

I've tried selecting my phone network automatically, but when i choose tesco mobile it makes no difference. (When you check in phone settings it says it is connected to tesco mobile, so it shouldn't be roaming at all)

Also I cant use 3g, i don't know how to turn it on or off, this is probably related to the problem above?

Hope thats clear enough?

Thanks for any help

Cian

Hi Cian

Due to our setup as an MVNO on O2's network some Android phones see this as roaming. The R is expected as a result and causes no issues. You need to check in your settings for data roaming also. There should be an option on the SGS2 to set this to National Roaming. When this is on and as long as the data settings are correct you should have data access.

Regards
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Cianh

Thanks paul.
    Didnt expect such a quick reply. thats grand, i was worried about getting a massive bill. i turned on data roaming but i don't know how to get the option to make it national. I'll Google to find out.

Can 3g be turned on and off as easily as wifi on the s2? I haven't seen the option anywhere. Sorry I'm new to all this.

Cianh wrote: »
    Thanks paul.
    Didnt expect such a quick reply. thats grand, i was worried about getting a massive bill. i turned on data roaming but i don't know how to get the option to make it national. I'll Google to find out.

Can 3g be turned on and off as easily as wifi on the s2? I haven't seen the option anywhere. Sorry I'm new to all this.

Yes the is an option to turn off packet data in the settings. This will turn GPRS/3G data off but allow wifi use

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 3 preston.ie

Hi Paul, is there a API available for tesco mobile? I would like to develop a widget app to send web text for the mac and iphone / ipad.

preston.ie wrote: »
    Hi Paul, is there a API available for tesco mobile? I would like to develop a widget app to send web text for the mac and iphone / ipad.

No sorry not something we supply or encourage really.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 3 preston.ie

No sorry not something we supply or encourage really.

regards
    Paul

Okay thanks for getting back, I will see what we can do and let you know. The only downside I can find so far is your website control panel which could be streamlined into a far easier and more powerful app.

preston.ie wrote: »
    Okay thanks for getting back, I will see what we can do and let you know. The only downside I can find so far is your website control panel which could be streamlined into a far easier and more powerful app.

We will be looking to do our own apps and update the website interface over the coming months.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

went to my local shop to buy tesco credit, to be told Tesco won't let us sell credit??

Theres no Tesco in my town

dave1982 wrote: »
    went to my local shop to buy tesco credit, to be told Tesco won't let us sell credit??

Theres no Tesco in my town

Hi there

This is not the case. In fact the reverse is the case. It is the store network that chooses which products it sells. We are available on Payzone and Paypoint and wish to be on as wide a network as possible.

You can also get Tesco Mobile credit in Xtravisions, Applegreens, Topaz and all Omnivend kiosks.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

they told me ye blocked them from selling it??

Thanks for info on other shops

dave1982 wrote: »
    they told me ye blocked them from selling it??

Thanks for info on other shops

No, not true. Why would we do that, we want people to buy our credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭grasshopper31

Hi Paul,
    Ive moved to Tesco and find the service, cust service etc great...

Im going to recommend a few family members change over too and im just wondering if you (Tesco) are offering anything for referrals?.. It will be about 3/4 family members....

Thanks

Hi Paul,
    Ive moved to Tesco and find the service, cust service etc great...

Im going to recommend a few family members change over too and im just wondering if you (Tesco) are offering anything for referrals?.. It will be about 3/4 family members....

Thanks

Hi Grasshopper31,

Thats for the feedback, great to see you are happy. We are not running a referrrals scheme at the moment but may do in the future.

As you probably know though you will all save the more of you that come over to Tesco Mobile with free calls, texts and picture messages to each other for 30 days when you topup by just 10eur.

regards
    Paul

Hi Paul
    Questions about data roaming in NI as a PAYG customer.

Do I have to select a specific network (e.g. O2?) or is the system switching automatically as data roaming is already selected?
    And, what is does it cost?

Thanks

Hi Paul
    Questions about data roaming in NI as a PAYG customer.

Do I have to select a specific network (e.g. O2?) or is the system switching automatically as data roaming is already selected?
    And, what is does it cost?

Thanks

Hi Lil5

We do not have data roaming yet. We are working on it presently and it will likely be introduced before end May.

regards
    Paul

Thanks Paul.
    Just another query with regard to webtext... how are these allocated?

Is it 200 & (50 int) per calendar month, or date web txt was launched,or when you use your 200 up?

Thanks

Thanks Paul.
    Just another query with regard to webtext... how are these allocated?

Is it 200 & (50 int) per calendar month, or date web txt was launched,or when you use your 200 up?

Thanks

Hi there

It is allocated per calendar month on Pay as You Go or on your bill cycle date for Pay Monthly.

Once you have topped up by €10 in the last 30 days you are allowed access to your balance but once you have used up the balance for the month you are charegd for webtext until the next month when it is reset.

regards
    Paul

Hi there

It is allocated per calendar month on Pay as You Go or on your bill cycle date for Pay Monthly.

Ive been onto customer service beg of Jan with this query and it doesnt seem to have been applied to my account. My webtexts havent been updated/reset since they went live 7th Dec?

Also, with regard to Tesco to Tesco free calls, im on sim only - when my minutes run out (im on 500 mins sim only) are my calls to tesco mobiles free?

Thanks

Ive been onto customer service beg of Jan with this query and it doesnt seem to have been applied to my account. My webtexts havent been updated/reset since they went live 7th Dec?

Also, with regard to Tesco to Tesco free calls, im on sim only - when my minutes run out (im on 500 mins sim only) are my calls to tesco mobiles free?

Thanks

If you went live Dec 7th then 16th is your billcycle date which should mean they would reset today. If it hasnt reset overnight drop me a PM with your details and I will follow up.

Yes, Tesco Mobile calls, texts and octure messages are free even outside minutes.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

im looking to change to yourself i was on your site and you can get a free international sim or you can buy a sim for €2.45 is there a difference? is the international sim not the same, i though that you got the cheap internaional calls as part of the top or is the international sim a completly different call plan?
    also the link about free €50 credit isnt working what does it involve

• Advertisement

deaglan169 wrote: »
    im looking to change to yourself i was on your site and you can get a free international sim or you can buy a sim for €2.45 is there a difference? is the international sim not the same, i though that you got the cheap internaional calls as part of the top or is the international sim a completly different call plan?
    also the link about free €50 credit isnt working what does it involve

Hi there

No there is no difference - order the free one ;)

The €50 is €20 when you port over and €10 per month for three months for registering.

Regards
    Paul

Advertisement