Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fifteen to One returns to Channel 4

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Tony EH wrote: »
    Agreed, which is why William Stewart's approach was great, straight forward, no bollocks. Sandi Toksvig is completely the wrong person for '15 to 1'.

She is directed to pad out the show, it's not an hour long because it takes her that long to finish the quiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Missed Saturday's show. First time watching it today. Way too much chat. I preferred William G. Stewart's no-nonsense approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,895 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Skid X wrote: »
    She is directed to pad out the show, it's not an hour long because it takes her that long to finish the quiz.

Pity.

I've been watching some old episodes and it's bringing back a lot of memories. My mum and dad used to absolutely love that program.

I miss my mum.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

oh no don't want any waffling, will be watching with finger on the fast forward, probably cut the show down to 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,780 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Caught this for the first time today - was a HUGE fan back in the WGS days (myself and my brother, being complete quiz show nerds back then, auditioned for this and Countdown - I got Countdown, he got 15-1).

WTF is with all the pointless chat and banter??? Adds precisely nothing (apart from an extra half hour) to the show, just draaaaaags it out pointlessly :mad: There's still the same amount of contestants, same amount of questions, but twice the running time :confused:

I'll persist for now, for old time's sake, but will only be watching on record, with (as a previous poster said) finger poised on the FF button.

• Advertisement

And what's this "by making it to the final round, this WILL BE your last appearance on the show"..... :confused:

Do others get to try again?

She makes reference to a contestant's "previous show".........

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    And what's this "by making it to the final round, this WILL BE your last appearance on the show"..... :confused:

Do others get to try again?

She makes reference to a contestant's "previous show".........

Yeah, If you reach the Final three, you don't get another chance.

Everyone else get three attempts.

Be worth your while hanging back then if you had two good people on same show as you, I'd have thought

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Be worth your while hanging back then if you had two good people on same show as you, I'd have thought

Yesterday's show would've been a prime example of this. The final consisted of an Aussie who's a regular in Mastermind finals and a guy who was a previous programme winner of Fifteen To One in the good old days. One of them should've "taken a dive" in the preliminary rounds.

The final of this series is on tomorrow (Thursday), and then there is a repeat of the recent Celebrity version on Friday (presented by Adam Hills).

I don't think it has done very well in the ratings, most people seem to agree that it is better suited to the old 30 minute format.

Here is a nice interview with William G Stewart about his career and how he bought the rights to Fifteen to One for just £200

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2607251/The-BT-salesman-dreamed-TVs-toughest-quiz-sold-rights-just-200.html

• Advertisement

She is so slow at asking the questions, waffling when she gives the answer and small talking is wrecking my head. Fast forward to last round I think, just about bearable

Challenge (available on Sky, UPC and Freesat) have bought the rights to show repeats of the classic William G Stewart Series ...
    Deal just signed! We now welcome William G Stewart to our family! FIFTEEN TO ONE Series 1 coming soon to Challenge

https://www.facebook.com/ChallengeTV/posts/649337598455216

Starts on June 16th apparently. You can't beat the real thing.

She is so slow at asking the questions, waffling when she gives the answer and small talking is wrecking my head. Fast forward to last round I think, just about bearable

Had to give up on this new version. It's like watching paint dry. And Sandy (much as I like her, and I do) peering at an iPad is not a terribly good look.

If they're playing repeats of WGS, I'm soooo there! (Hope they show the one with my brother on it :D)

The 'celebrity' version of Fifteen to One returns to Channel 4 tomorrow at 8pm, with Adam Hills

BpYDRyPIMAA1oGx.jpg

Celebrity Fifteen to One and 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown just make a mockery of the originals in my opinion, though am sure others enjoy them. 8/10 lets bring on the beardy lad and see what hilarious takes he has on selecting vowels, consonants and numbers this week! Har-di-har

• Registered Users Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭brian_t

Skid X wrote: »
    Challenge (available on Sky, UPC and Freesat) have bought the rights to show repeats of the classic William G Stewart Series ...

https://www.facebook.com/ChallengeTV/posts/649337598455216

Starts on June 16th apparently. You can't beat the real thing.

Thats today and every weekday at 9.30am and 10.00am and then repeated at 2.30am and 3.00am tomorrow morning

Advertisement