Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Problems setting up Eircom email in Samsung Galaxy Y email app

• 08-11-2012 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Y since May. I had my eircom.net email address set up in the "email app" of the phone until last week when I handed my phone in for repair. I was finding the battery very bad (lasting less than a day on no/low usage) so handed it in.

Anyway, got it back today and have been trying to set up my eircom email again (it's very handy).

I have been having problems using the following settings as I am a vodafone customer:

Manual Set up option:

Pop 3:

incoming mail server settings: webmail.eircom.net
    Port 110 (set by default by the phone set up process)
    Security type: None
    Delete email from server: Never

The check of the incoming mail server succeeds and then the screen for inputting the outgoing mail server appears.

Details as follows on this screen:

SMTP outgoing server: mail.vodafone.ie
    Port: 587 (again this is there by default by the phone)
    Security type: none
    Require sign-in: ticked
    username: filled in as appropriate
    password: filled in as appropriate

Next is clicked and the following appears:

Setup could not finish:

Unable to connect to server (which server is what I am wondering)

And an OK button can be clicked.

when clicked it simply reverts to the outmail mail server screen with the "next" button available for clicking.

Basically it's not working and I don't recall this problem previously.

When I got my phone back they had "upgraded the phone software" to Android 2.3.6.

Can anyone help me set up my eircom.net email in my phone as it is handy to have the email on the go.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭allen175

no secure outgoing mail server is 25 and outgoing does not require a sign in

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mmccutcheon

allen175 wrote: »
    no secure outgoing mail server is 25 and outgoing does not require a sign in

cheers, that sorted it along with everything else unaltered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

cheers, that sorted it along with everything else unaltered.

Hi mmccutcheon,

Glad you got it sorted, apologies we did not get back to you sooner.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭pinkfloydian

Hi.
    I have had a ****.eircom.net e-mail address for years, but have moved my broadband to UPC, hence I have different servers
    mail1.eircom.net (pop3) for incoming mail
    smtp.upc.ie for outgoing mails

Can you help me with setting up on on Samsung smartphone.

T

Advertisement