Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple consoles/XBL

• 06-08-2012 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Hi chaps,

Is it possible to have one XBL profile used on more than one console. My son has his 360 here in my house, but he's soon getting another 360 for use elsewhere. Rather than setting up another XBL profile {& pay for another gold account} could he redeem his profile at whatever location he's in & keep his profile mobile? Is this viable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Yep you can have your profile on as many consoles as you want, it will ask you to enter the password when you try to sign into it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Meesared wrote: »
    Yep you can have your profile on as many consoles as you want, it will ask you to enter the password when you try to sign into it though

Cheers man. What about downloaded dlc etc that's tied to the account, does that have to be redownloaded each time the profile is redeemed at the different locations? Or is it a one off download at each location & then it just syncs each time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

EnterNow wrote: »
    Cheers man. What about downloaded dlc etc that's tied to the account, does that have to be redownloaded each time the profile is redeemed at the different locations? Or is it a one off download at each location & then it just syncs each time?

Just keep it on the memory stick along with your profile.

DLC - Playable on the console it was bought on by every one who signs in there

On another console the profile that owns it has to be signed in or the license needs to be transferred.

calex71 wrote: »
    Just keep it on the memory stick along with your profile.

DLC - Playable on the console it was bought on by every one who signs in there

On another console the profile that owns it has to be signed in or the license needs to be transferred.
    yep this is pretty accurate

Ok so if I transfer the profile & any dlc onto a usb stick, & let him bring that with his as he changes locations, give him the password to redeem & sign in...then he will be able to 'roam' & play everything he owns at both locations?

Sorry if I'm being a dumbie :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 twotonewolftone

Ok so if I transfer the profile & any dlc onto a usb stick, & let him bring that with his as he changes locations, give him the password to redeem & sign in...then he will be able to 'roam' & play everything he owns at both locations?

Sorry if I'm being a dumbie :o
    yeah you can and even if you dont fit all the dlc on the usb stick he can download the dlc again off marketplace to another console.once you pay for dlc it will always allow you to download the dlc again if you need to

Quick final question on this:

I've moved the two profiles onto usb, along with some dlc. I've then copied most of the savegames onto the cloud via cloud storage. Do I need to mess about with transferring licenses? Or will it be a case of once a profile is signed into on the other xbox, the license travels with the profile?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I was gonna post about this too :)
    Sorry to butt in.
    If i buy minecraft for my son on his xbox which is in his room can he also play it on the xbox we use as a dvd player in the living room after signing in using his account?
    ALso can he come and go betwen the two consoles as hea pleases with minecraft or indeed any dlc or games from marketplace?

Dcully wrote: »
    I was gonna post about this too :)
    Sorry to butt in.
    If i buy minecraft for my son on his xbox which is in his room can he also play it on the xbox we use as a dvd player in the living room after signing in using his account?
    ALso can he come and go betwen the two consoles as hea pleases with minecraft or indeed any dlc or games from marketplace?
    He can yes

Meesared wrote: »
    He can yes

What about my question :(...:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Quick final question on this:

I've moved the two profiles onto usb, along with some dlc. I've then copied most of the savegames onto the cloud via cloud storage. Do I need to mess about with transferring licenses? Or will it be a case of once a profile is signed into on the other xbox, the license travels with the profile?
    As long as the content is downloaded using the profile in question, you will not require a license transfer to play it on another console.

TBH, there isn't much of a point in carrying DLC around on a USB. You can download it throgh the download history.

Advertisement