Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoG: Giving away Duke Nukem 3D for free until the 14th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Cheers. You can never have too many games.

*You can most definitely have too many games*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Do it now, people! Now!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Kiith wrote: »
    Cheers. You can never have too many games.

*You can most definitely have too many games*

I'm trying to remember a time before "too many games".

Think I may as well get this since I have the account with all the free games.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Verygames11

I love gog, it has all the good classics :)

I wish they would hurry up and get System Shock 2 to buy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

GoG now has Mac Support?!

Oh **** yeah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,626 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

What is this blasphemous website? Freespace 2?! Theme Hospital? Might and Magic?

Mother of GoG...

mother_of_god_sticker-p217265573870019084en87f_216.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Meirleach

Overheal wrote: »
    What is this blasphemous website? Freespace 2?!

You didn't know about GOG? Also yes get Freespace 2, then get the Freespace Open engine for it. Freespace 2 in high res :) Plus all the really nice fan campaigns.

Also it's all DRM free if that kinda thing is something you care about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Goes on for free game and maybe pick up theme hospital to add to my gog collection. See's a bullfrog special offer for $12 including Dungeon Keeper 2 aswell. Damn you freebies!

http://www.gog.com/promo/bullfrog_favourites

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I had already bought it but I checked it out anyway and ended up getting The Witcher 2 and UT99 :( Meh, for $12 and $5 it's not too bad, at least until I see deals are on tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Man I logged into my GoG account to claim Duke Nukem and suddenly remember I had bought Icewind Dale 1 and 2 from them last Christmas. Sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hmmm, Tomb Raider trilogy for $4.99? Interesting.... Damn it! This idea to lure us in with a free game is working.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Already have the game but downloaded it for the brother since I know he'd be looking for it.

Anyways, download this and get the Hi-Res pack

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Damn, I think I shall be investing some money there after exams. I'm itching to try an RPG as I've never really played any of the 2D ones (the likes of Fallout 1, 2, Baldurs Gate, NVN, Planescape etc) - any recommendations?

Looking through the site is a a great trip down memory lane - Sanitarium, XIII, Fahrenheit, Kingpin: Life of Crime, Desperadoes, AND THEY HAVE SOUL REAVER!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

chrislad wrote: »
    Damn, I think I shall be investing some money there after exams. I'm itching to try an RPG as I've never really played any of the 2D ones (the likes of Fallout 1, 2, Baldurs Gate, NVN, Planescape etc) - any recommendations?

Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale! Runs on the same engine as Baldurs Gate but just clicks more for me - better setting, better characters, better story.

Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale! Runs on the same engine as Baldurs Gate but just clicks more for me - better setting, better characters, better story.

Do I have to buy it 3 times?! :D

My wishlist is about $22 dollars now for Icewind Dale 1 and 2 (It would be rude to say no, at that prices) and the Legacy of Kain games. Roll on exams and the completing of such!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

I think it's funny how Steam have the Legacy of Kain games for €9.99 and they're only €2.99 on GoG.

Got Duke Nukem, gonna pick up Soul Reaver and probably some other games as well - so much for a free game:D

gouche wrote: »
    I think it's funny how Steam have the Legacy of Kain games for €9.99 and they're only €2.99 on GoG.

Got Duke Nukem, gonna pick up Soul Reaver and probably some other games as well - so much for a free game:D

It's actually in dollars so cheaper again! You'll get all 4 games for 11.96$. Can't say fairer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

gouche wrote: »

It's only because of the Christmas sale. They were similarly priced up till yesterday, although still in dollars so maybe a Euro or two cheaper.

Advertisement