Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Template for Scriptwriting?

• 28-10-2014 9:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have just started writing a film script and am currently using Celtx, then copying to Word when needed (and also saving to PDF). However, I'd probably prefer to use Word directly, in case I lose anything using Celtx (e.g. if I lose an internet connection).

What do you guys use? I have spotted some Word scriptwriting templates online, and even one on Word itself - but just curious to hear opinions/recommendations.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Can't you just download Celtx? I don't think it has to have a constant connection, and word is a pain in the face to use, even with a template.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Atomico

Can't you just download Celtx? I don't think it has to have a constant connection, and word is a pain in the face to use, even with a template.

Oh yeah? Must check that - looked to me like you had to be online but possibly not.

Yes agreed, it really should be much easier to use - and their template looks real awkward. Not at all intuitive which is what you expect from Microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MariusTT

CeltX is your best choice.

Why in the world would you complicate things?

Download CeltX, on desktop or mobile, write then save to online.

Advertisement