Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christopher Hitchens and the Late Late Show

• 20-04-2011 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

Anyone here think he should be a guest with Ryan?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

why should he appear on a light entertainment show which is shying away from controversy?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

I think Mr.Hitchens should spend the time he has left wisely. Insulting and outwitting Ryan Turgidy, whilst amusing and entertaining for us, I`m guessing is not in his best interests.

I`m not one hundred per cent sure, but if I remember correctly, he did do a radio interview with Pat Kenny not too long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Jarndyce

If he is too unwell to attend the American Atheists Convention (which begins tomorrow) he is certainly too unwell to be a guest on the Late Late. Furthermore, I wouldn't even want to see that. Tubridy is too much of an inept wimp to deal with someone of Hitchens' calibre. I would prefer to see another conversation between Hitchens and his friends, such as the Four Horsemen discussion with Dawkins, Dennett and Harris.

@ checkyabadself : The Pat Kenny interview is available on Youtube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭polly78

If this is true I look forward to it. I wish he'd been a teacher of mine, it would have been a pleasure, the guy is a gent. No doubt the audience will be a huge letdown.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'm not sure even Hitchens could get me to watch that shíte!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

polly78 wrote: »
    If this is true I look forward to it. I wish he'd been a teacher of mine, it would have been a pleasure, the guy is a gent. No doubt the audience will be a huge letdown.

He's not doing the show. The OP was just wondering what we thought of the idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

Tubridy's interview with Dawkins was embarassing to say the least, so Hitchens probably shouldn't waste his time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭polly78

CiaranMT wrote: »
    He's not doing the show. The OP was just wondering what we thought of the idea.

Omg, whats the point of this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Dear [god] no! I wouldn't encourage anybody to go onto any show hosted by that cringe-worthy, insufferably awkward gimp Tubridy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

polly78 wrote: »
    Omg, whats the point of this thread?

How very nihilistic of you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

liamw wrote: »
    Tubridy's interview with Dawkins was embarassing to say the least, so Hitchens probably shouldn't waste his time.

This.

Engaging with Tubridy is utterly beneath him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Dave! wrote: »
    Dear [god] no! I wouldn't encourage anybody to go onto any show hosted by that cringe-worthy, insufferably awkward gimp Tubridy.

He is one serious moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

If he did, I'd love to see footage from backstage. Hitchens, Twink, Brendan Grace and <RTE presenter roped in from canteen>...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Dawkins was very polite with Tubridy, though. Wouldn't it be fun to watch Hitchens steamroller him?

Advertisement