Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Carrying ski bags on charter flights

• 28-09-2015 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any experience of carrying ski bags on charter flights? We are going with Crystal and the cost per bag is something like €50. However, they haven't put up their prices for this so we can't book it yet and we can't see their "T&Cs" to check what they actually allow either.

In the "normal" scheduled world, you pay for a ski bag (or get it free with Swiss) and as long as it is within the weight limit you can put as much stuff in as you want, within reason of course.

I got the feeling from someone in Crystal recently that they only allow one pair per €50 charge, so we would need to pay for two bags to bring two pairs in one bag . . . which seems a bit silly to me.

To be honest, I'm sure the carriers & handlers don't care whether it's one pair of skis or two - they still have to lift one extra bag under 20kgs.

Has anyone any experience with charter flights specifically - are they likely to be really sticky and lash on some extra charge at the airport/refuse to carry them, etc . . . ?

z

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

I've a double ski bag and have carried two pairs of skis in it with Crystal twice. I've never had a problem with them.

It's never been as high as 50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Yeah, the Crystal person I spoke to said it had gone up this year, but the price hadn't been loaded on the system (only 12 weeks to go for the first trips). She checked and said it was going to be something like €52.

Thanks for confirming there hasn't been a problem before - that puts my mind at rest.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

zagmund wrote: »
    Yeah, the Crystal person I spoke to said it had gone up this year, but the price hadn't been loaded on the system (only 12 weeks to go for the first trips). She checked and said it was going to be something like €52.

Thanks for confirming there hasn't been a problem before - that puts my mind at rest.

z

They put it up last year too.

Advertisement