Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leak in Myson SD53 PUMP

• 15-01-2015 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I'm looking to tell what the slotted valve is in the picture attached on my pump?

I ask because on the other side of the pump an identical valve seems to be leaking!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

gorgo wrote: »
    I'm looking to tell what the slotted valve is in the picture attached on my pump?

I ask because on the other side of the pump an identical valve seems to be leaking!

They are the pump valves.
    That one is turned off that type were a common cheap type that after a period of time when they were turned off they would leak through the valve slot.
    The only fix is to replace pump valves.
    I would only change them to a gate valve type valve they don't give the same trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭gorgo

Robbie.G wrote: »
    They are the pump valves.
    That one is turned off that type were a common cheap type that after a period of time when they were turned off they would leak through the valve slot.
    The only fix is to replace pump valves.
    I would only change them to a gate valve type valve they don't give the same trouble

Is there a nack to switching them off? Push and to the right or something. Seems like a type of bleed valve or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

gorgo wrote: »
    Is there a nack to switching them off? Push and to the right or something. Seems like a type of bleed valve or something?

No they just turn with a screwdriver once the slot is across the valve it's off 1/4 turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Robbie.G wrote: »
    agree 100%

Some of them are a bit longer than what you have so check that you have room.
    If u are lucky, you can use the same instantor nuts

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭gorgo

It's awkward to get in at but think I have them both closed now with a trickle. When I switched on the central heating the trickle disappeared.

Water gushes out when you fiddle with them and the slotted head pops out a little.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Replace them, they are leaking, it disappears when heating is on as the water is evaporating with heat

• Registered Users Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I'd change that pump too. It's probably older than myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭RJF

The valve in the picture is in the off position. You need to have both sides of the pump with the slot of the screw turned 90 degrees (1/4 turn) to that shown in the picture. Your heating will not function with these valves closed and the pump will overheat.

Advertisement