Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

€11.5 million settlement as a result of uninsured driver

14567810»

Comments

............. At the very least she should have a driving ban and have to resit her exam again.

I agree with the driving ban, anyone driving without insurance should get one and they generally do. Don't see the need for a resit of a driving test tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭bananarama22

unklerosco wrote: »
    My mams friend has 2 children that are now in their 20's that need round the clock care, she works her ass off for them, she's spent the last year fund raising to get her daughter to the states for an operation that she desperately needs... It wasn't through her negligence that her children will need to be cared for for the rest of their lives, where's their €11 million... Where's the rest of the families in similar situations €11 million...

I don't get this, from RTE "Ms Kennedy was uninsured at the time. The system used in court saw the case taken by the child's grandfather - against Ms Kennedy."

hear, hear

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Vertakill wrote: »

Firstly, she has been found to have committed a crime and also confessed to it... so why is she exempt from punishment exactly?
    Just because she's paralysed her child does not mean she should be made exempt from any laws she's broken.

Secondly, for everyone defending her - how would you feel if she was driving on her own in her own car, uninsured, and her concentration magically lapsed again and, god forbid, she hit you head on and your son was left paralysed for life.
    Do you think she should be brought in front of a court over the fact she was driving illegally?

Also, people seem to think that driving insured and uninsured are exactly the same.
    They're not.
    If I don't have insurance on my car or if I couldn't afford it, I wouldn't drive it - end of.
    I wouldn't dream of taking it out uninsured.
    If this mother used that kind of common sense, her son would be unaffected.
    I'm not stating any opinion on what I think should happen or if she was right or wrong to be uninsured. I'm pointing out what we know as fact and how it affects other drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

From AH Thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056612846
    This was posted on Facebook. I'm not sure if it's a legitimate account or not so maybe someone else can shed some light.

TOO ALL THOSE WHO THINK THERE INSURANCE WILL GO UP COS OF MY SONS CLAME, UR IDIOTS, IT WONT, HIS MONEY CAME FROM THE 'MIBI' OF IRELAND. ITS A SEPERATE ORGANISATION TO INSURANCE COMPANYS AND THE MONEY HAS BEEN SITTING THERE FOR YEARS WAITING FOR SUMONE TO CLAME IT AND MY SON DID AND HE BLOODY DISERVES IT AFTER THE TORTURE HE WENT TRU. OK. LONG MAY HE LIVE !!!!!!!!! feckin begrudgers!!!! nutin else worrying them but insurance isnt it well for them, without that money he wont get proper treatment, and with that money he can eventualy go over seas for stemcell life changing treatment so F*^# the begrudgers!!!!

Link

Probably not the smartest move either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭el diablo

What a cúnt. I feel sorry for the poor kid. (Assuming it's not a hoax).

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

If that FB post is legitimate then... WOW... just wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Not only can she not drive, it appears she cannot spell either.

What a tard.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Probably should have put my post in the more serious of the 2 threads :-)

I see her friends are like minded anyway

Facebook wrote:
    Paddy Kilbane i dont bother with insurance so its grand haha!! :)
    28 minutes ago · 1

Sure lets all have a laugh and joke about it.
    The childs welfare is clearly at the front of all their minds :rolleyes:

I think that post on Facebook gives a bit of an insight in to the mind of the woman that caused the child all the hurt but doesnt accept any of the blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

signostic wrote: »
    From AH Thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056612846
    Originally Posted by CaliforniaDream
    This was posted on Facebook. I'm not sure if it's a legitimate account or not so maybe someone else can shed some light.

TOO ALL THOSE WHO THINK THERE INSURANCE WILL GO UP COS OF MY SONS CLAME, UR IDIOTS, IT WONT, HIS MONEY CAME FROM THE 'MIBI' OF IRELAND. ITS A SEPERATE ORGANISATION TO INSURANCE COMPANYS AND THE MONEY HAS BEEN SITTING THERE FOR YEARS WAITING FOR SUMONE TO CLAME IT AND MY SON DID AND HE BLOODY DISERVES IT AFTER THE TORTURE HE WENT TRU. OK. LONG MAY HE LIVE !!!!!!!!! feckin begrudgers!!!! nutin else worrying them but insurance isnt it well for them, without that money he wont get proper treatment, and with that money he can eventualy go over seas for stemcell life changing treatment so F*^# the begrudgers!!!!

Link

Probably not the smartest move either.
    And where does she think MIBI got the money??? :confused:

Oh ya! Magic... I forgot. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Damien360

I had a look at the link. I don't think that is the same person.

• Advertisement
Advertisement