Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

This is a bit of a first for me, first brand new watch and first Chinese auto since I got the bug. It has a Seiko NH 35 movement, and the curved back makes it very comfortable to wear. Bezel is a bit out of line, I can't decide is the 6 or 12 that's off.

Wibbs if you could wave the magic (mod) wand and show us all a few photos, that would be good, thanks.

365153.JPG

365154.JPG

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭saccades

If we are doing lume shots...

20218927678_97fe57758c_n.jpg

Flickr isn't particularly intuitive is it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Homer wrote: »
    I did mention a few more images of the latest arrival.. and some of the lume. PAM560 with in house p5000 handwind movement and 8 day power reserve.

Stunning...had helped me decide I want a PAM...

Prob looking at 112 or Base 000

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

Didn't think I liked Panerai until I saw that above. WOW

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Is that the oem strap Justin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Not sure where to post this but looking for a bit of help. Myself and Mitch B purchased a shark mesh from wjean recently. We need to resize the mesh and it's recommended to use a dremmel type cutting tool. Homer suggested I ask here so would anyone have one and be willing to lend us one/meet up somewhere? Alternatively do you think one of the fast fix watch stores would be able to do this?

Cheers

Sparrowcar

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Not sure where to post this but looking for a bit of help. Myself and Mitch B purchased a shark mesh from wjean recently. We need to resize the mesh and it's recommended to use a dremmel type cutting tool. Homer suggested I ask here so would anyone have one and be willing to lend us one/meet up somewhere? Alternatively do you think one of the fast fix watch stores would be able to do this?

Cheers

Sparrowcar

Have any of your neighbours got a small 4'' angle grinder, there are narrow 1mm cutting discs available for them.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Have any of your neighbours got a small 4'' angle grinder, there are narrow 1mm cutting discs available for them.

will look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭Homer

Cyrus wrote: »
    Is that the oem strap Justin

It came with rubber and a lovely black leather with white stitching in the box and the one in the pictures above was a spare one I had off my cave dweller. Have ordered a kyros tan leather for it also.

will look into it.

Have you any pics of the buckle? How is it connected to the strap?

• Advertisement

Have you any pics of the buckle? How is it connected to the strap?

Like so..

Ya I suppose you could cut a set of links up near where the spring bar holds the strap to the lugs. Hold it in a vise between two strips of leather.
    If you are not sure what you are doing, make a cut shorter to the end than you actually need as a practice run first.
    After cutting you will need something like a small screwdriver to open the cut links a bit wider so that the piece of strap you don't want can be removed. Hope this makes sense.

How much has to come off? Remember that the links you cut will be taken off, so allow for this when you cut.

Ya I suppose you could cut a set of links up near where the spring bar holds the strap to the lugs. Hold it in a vise between two strips of leather.
    If you are not sure what you are doing, make a cut shorter to the end than you actually need as a practice run first.
    After cutting you will need something like a small screwdriver to open the cut links a bit wider so that the piece of strap you don't want can be removed. Hope this makes sense.

How much has to come off? Remember that the links you cut will be taken off, so allow for this when you cut.

Thanks for advice. We haven't touched them yet since they were delivered. I'm in work now but I'll have another read of your post this eve and see if it will work.

Problem sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭893bet

Just landed. Not sure yet if it is staying.

365522.jpg

Arrived today, with custom Bezel and a lovely vanilla smelling blue rubber strap

Not bad for 57 euro

2015-10-15%2015.16.37_zpswjttvdh8.jpg

2015-10-15%2015.16.45_zpsjhlbvmsq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

This Vostok Komandirskie arrived today. I was going to put it on a black nato strap, but the strap that came with it isn't terrible. Might keep it. Small scratch on the crown guard, but it's a €25 watch made from chromed brass so .... not a big deal.

365671.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

This isn't a new watch, but I recently picked up a few straps from Watch Bandit, one of which is on my PO. Very comfortable strap, inexpensive and totally compliments the look of the PO.
    wl3rzq.jpg

I picked up a few of these straps, of different colours and widths (20mm and 22mm) for my wee collection and am very happy with the versatility.
    2psimtf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

I've been thinking about buying a similar Perlon strap but I've been wondering whether or not i should use shoulderless springbars as with a Nato strap. I presume the Perlon straps are as flexible around the Springbars as a Nato?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

I've been thinking about buying a similar Perlon strap but I've been wondering whether or not i should use shoulderless springbars as with a Nato strap. I presume the Perlon straps are as flexible around the Springbars as a Nato?

They are as flexible, yes. Stop thinking and just grab a few of them! :) My missus likes to wear my watches and loves that she doesn't have to get me to change the bracelets or other types of strap, now that I've changed them all to these perlon ones. They are all inherently the correct size, too.

• Advertisement

I *really* like this Amphibian... the postman was busy last week.

366508.jpg

Problem sorted :)

Any updates?

Any updates?

I bought the lidl tool but tried to start a cut the other day and I really need a vice or similar. Myself and Mitch B are going to sit down and have a go some day this week. Will let you know how we get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Seiko 7L22 Kinetic

Bling feckin' Bling :D:D

367275.JPG

367276.JPG

367277.JPG

367278.JPG

Use a bit of leather either side of the vise to protect it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Love those Mondaines. And the digitals. Oh and the Tissot ain't too shabby either. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Lume shot, Jiusko on the left and Seiko BFK on right. For the camera geeks amongst us:
    iso 1600
    f 8
    13 seconds

367347.JPG

Taking a break from Russian today... this Seiko arrived last week.

367375.jpg

Speaking of Russian, I've ordered one of the new Vostok Komandirskie 65s. Well, it's for my birthday, some time this year :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Not what you would normally see in here.

The Aqua Terra will sit on the night stand in the mornings while this helps to motivate me to lose a few excess kg's.

367385.jpeg

• Advertisement

Joined the Speedmaster Club

My 3570.50.00

Stunner

IMG_0939_zpsrnx5d637.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement