Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OnePlus One Available Direct to Ireland (Back to €299 + €18 shipping)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Thargor wrote: »
    Does anyone know whats happening with the powerbanks?

Am I checking the wrong page every day or something?

https://oneplus.net/ie/oneplus-power-bank

Getting close to camping season now and Im going to have to order a Xaoimi or something instead, no response to multiple emails...
    They are on the site now, but cheapest shipping is 17.99 EUR, so you are looking at 33 EUR delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Am very excited :D

Have had a Note 2 for the past 2 years but with my contract up I couldn't face the cost of an upgrade vs the one plus one ( and being tied into a long contract! ) Never did use the stylus anyway :D

Will let you know how long I wait for delivery.

Anyone know anywhere which fixes them in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Has the one plus one aged. I have an m8, but 1+1 is only 200e sim free unlocked in store here in Malaysia. I'm wondering is it worth just having one.

Edit. Actually I think that's on contract. Not ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

errlloyd wrote: »
    Has the one plus one aged..

When someone sees mine and says 'is that a Samsung' and i say 'no its a one plus one' The confusion on there face never ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mackcracknsack

Anyone know anywhere which fixes them in Dublin?

What's the problem Paddyg?
    I broke my screen and ordered a replacement screen online and got a shop to fit it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Got mine last week. It only took a week to arrive. I'm still getting my head around it but so far I'm very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

My OPO is unusable due to a problem with the microphones. They've been giving me the runaround on the support ticket. I wouldn't buy from them again. Google would have replaced the device by now, based on past experience of manufacturing defects in Google products.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ballooba wrote: »
    My OPO is unusable due to a problem with the microphones. They've been giving me the runaround on the support ticket. I wouldn't buy from them again. Google would have replaced the device by now, based on past experience of manufacturing defects in Google products.

Been the one thing holding me back on this phone looking at reddit and other forums. Support doesn't seem great, with most people being left to buy replacement parts and get them fitted themselves, at their own expense.

Sorry not paying that sort of money for something with no cover and infrastructure to deal with repairs or replacements. Was actually the main reason I cooled of my interest on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Grawns wrote: »
    Am very excited :D

Have had a Note 2 for the past 2 years but with my contract up I couldn't face the cost of an upgrade vs the one plus one ( and being tied into a long contract! ) Never did use the stylus anyway :D

Will let you know how long I wait for delivery.
    Arrived today :) It's going to be a doddle to set-up as it's so like my old note but now I have 4g :) I ordered the powerbank too and it's a big heavy clunky one. You wouldn't throw it in your handbag!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Sold mine a few weeks back and got the iPhone 6. No regrets. The video was out of sync with YouTube and any video sites except Netflix. Too big to hold also. That's just my opinion tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

There's a one click toolkit released for the OnePlus One, looks good, will be a great help to some. does lots of stuff, unlock, flash ROMS, backup, apply root, backup EFS etc.
    http://www.oneplushub.net/2015/02/toolkitgui-oneplus-one-toolkit-by.html

• Registered Users Posts: 16,633 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Hi folks. .

€349 + €18, is that the current cost of the handset?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

When someone sees mine and says 'is that a Samsung' and i say 'no its a one plus one' The confusion on there face never ages.

"You mean an HTC one?"

I think I've only saw 2 other handsets in the wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I went into one of the midlands largest chain of mobile phone repairs last week in Tullamore, Co. Offaly and i mentioned i am considering getting a one plus one instead of Apple iphone and the man in the shop hadn't a clue what a one plus one was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

dahat wrote: »
    Hi folks. .

€349 + €18, is that the current cost of the handset?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I went into one of the midlands largest chain of mobile phone repairs last week in Tullamore, Co. Offaly and i mentioned i am considering getting a one plus one instead of Apple iphone and the man in the shop hadn't a clue what a one plus one was.
    That says more about him than the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

ballooba wrote: »

whats the problem with the microphone? Have you any call recorder apps by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Mine has restarted about 10 times in the last week. 2 times said it was upgrading Android apps went to booted up. If this continues will have to factory reset as can't handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

kingstevii wrote: »
    whats the problem with the microphone? Have you any call recorder apps by any chance?
    Hardware issue. Factory reset, and flashing multiple different ROMs did not solve it. I have been granted an RMA, but they seem to have made a mess of that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Price reduced to 249e for 16gb & 299e for 64gb as per https://oneplus.net/ie/one

Basically back to prices before dollar - euro price adjustment.

Valid until 7th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

blobbie wrote: »
    Price reduced to 249e for 16gb & 299e for 64gb as per https://oneplus.net/ie/one

Valid until 7th June.

Clearing some stock before the one plus two comes out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

• Registered Users Posts: 16,633 ✭✭✭✭dahat

blobbie wrote: »

Valid until 7th June.

Well ****e, hoping to buy one the week after that.

RossieMan wrote: »

September at the latest.

Or if its like the launch of lollipop on the oneplus one, then after christmas at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Yea i wouldn't be buying the first batch anyway. Let them iron out any kinks which are sure to come up.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Yea i wouldn't be buying the first batch anyway. Let them iron out any kinks which are sure to come up.

Without a doubt. i love mine, best phone in the world as long as nothing goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

64GB sold out right now? can that be correct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

both models sold out

Advertisement