Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tmiller

Grr, we're 10th of April and still haven't heard anything, will have to get back on to them, we'll have been waiting 22 weeks tomorrow. We had a new baby 6 weeks ago and wrote to them to include her so perhaps that might delay things??? Anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Nina123

Hi tmiller,

We had a new baby last week but I haven't told them about him yet in case it delays things even further! You'd never know with this crowd, at this rate I'll be applying for my renewal as soon as the claim is processed!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

tmiller wrote: »
    Grr, we're 10th of April and still haven't heard anything, will have to get back on to them, we'll have been waiting 22 weeks tomorrow. We had a new baby 6 weeks ago and wrote to them to include her so perhaps that might delay things??? Anybody know?
    Having a baby won't slow the claim down.Just let them know the child is born and it will be added to the claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Any update on dates they are working on this week ???

• Registered Users Posts: 12 alkar

Recieved my payment last friday with some of the backpay, got my letter today saying what we will recieve everyweek doesnt add up with the backpay so will the rest of money be in tne bank this week????

• Advertisement

They are processing claims with a start date of 10/5/12.

yabadabado wrote: »
    They are processing claims with a start date of 10/5/12.

Oh thank god I'm the 17th near the finish line. Thank you yabba for all your info :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 moll85

I'm the 8/5 and have heard nothing yet! Hopefully thus date is correct as they are telling people all sorts..

moll85 wrote: »
    I'm the 8/5 and have heard nothing yet! Hopefully thus date is correct as they are telling people all sorts..
    The 8/5/12 is a 10/5/12 claim because the pay/start date is always a Thursday.

They are definitely on claims with start date of May 10th.Not sure what you mean by the bolded part looking back the last few pages it seems to be in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eve76

i applied for it in i think around 17th, havent heard anything about inspector calling out. i was claiming fis years ago, never had inspector calling out to me, should i expect it this time?

• Advertisement

Any word on what date they are working on now ? Thank you .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 johan83

Currently working on 15th May...

My letter is dated 11th May and we got our money today, 19 weeks waiting in total. Happy camper now!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jm0903

I got my letter on the 16th of May saying they were assessing my claim and have heard nothing since is that normal?

jm0903 wrote: »
    I got my letter on the 16th of May saying they were assessing my claim and have heard nothing since is that normal?

When did you apply?What did the letter say?

When did you apply?What did the letter say?

I applied the start of may and received a letter on the 16th saying my claim was being assessed

I applied the start of may and received a letter on the 16th saying my claim was being assessed

I would guess you got an acknowledgement letter to say your application has been recieved and it will be processed in due course.It doesn't actually say its being processed now .

They are working on May claims so you will probably hear within the next week,if 16th May is your start date.

So do you receive a letter before payment into your account

• Registered Users Posts: 12 alkar

No we never recieved a letter before payment went into bank, we were just checking the bank every thursday and friday. The letter came out the following week after payment was made the week before

My letter was dated 8th May and we were waiting 19 weeks altogether before getting payment. Hope you get sorted soon!

• Advertisement

Ussualy with first time applications the payment gets lodged into your bank account before you recieve the letter.Also the first payment can issue any week day and then its every Thursday after that.

Ussualy with first time applications the payment gets lodged into your bank account before you recieve the letter.Also the first payment can issue any week day and then its every Thursday after that.

Yabba would you have an update on what date they working on at moment ?

AngelaG wrote: »

I'm not sure the date but they are doing mid May claims .I will find out for you tomorrow or Friday .

I'm not sure the date but they are doing mid May claims .I will find out for you tomorrow or Friday .

Thanks Yaba appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ShawnyPat

Just spoken to FIS - They are currently working on claims dated 17th May.

Mine was submitted on 23rd:-( so she told me 'another week or two'.......

I also just spoke to them my date was the 16th of May and the girl told me they are currently working on my claim that I should hear something by next week, ill keep people posted as soon as I hear.

Could anyone tell me if the payment goes tgrough first thing to your bank account or can it be anytime throughout the day

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

They are processing 22/5/12 claims now.These would be claims with a start date of 24/5/12.Anyone before this date should get their decision letter in the coming days,it takes a nearly a week to get the decision letter in the post.

They are processing 22/5/12 claims now.These would be claims with a start date of 24/5/12.Anyone before this date should get their decision letter in the coming days,it takes a nearly a week to get the decision letter in the post.

Mine was 17th and still no word :/

• Advertisement

Mine was 17th and still no word :/

Thats the correct info.I wouldnt worry,you should be hearing next week,it takes a few days for the letter and payments to issue.If you hadnt heard any thing by wed/thurs I would give them a call.

Advertisement