Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bigger Girls: Are They More Popular than We Think?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 22 Wooden Balloon Game

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I wasn't going to comment as I'd be slightly biased on this issue and I wouldn't have anything to add that hasn't been said already, but never in my life have I heard such nonsense. Men (and women, there are straight women that find women attractive, they don't just have to be lesbian) find plenty of different things about a woman attractive, not just the triangular thigh gap (I can just imagine a guy in the club walking around with a set square - "Nay love, your gap is inconsistent with Pythagoras theorem" :pac:).

This whole "sizes" nonsense is misleading also- Now it's pretty obvious the difference between a size eight and a size eighteen, but believe it or not, human beings are capable of finding both incredibly attractive, or not, purely depending on whether the individual is aesthetically appealing or not. Size is only a contributing factor in that decision, and not once in my life have I ever heard of somebody check the size label on a girl's knickers before he got her into bed (I've heard of a girl who cut all the labels off her clothes because her boyfriend was an ass, but that's a whole other story! Actually now I think of her, she's gone from a size 20 down to a ten, former shell of herself but she's happy now having dumped the extra weight - the boyfriend! :D).

If you look at the women who men find extremely attractive physically, they nearly always have a well defined gap. This isn't a conscious judgment, it's instinctive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Fascinating the little tidbits you pick up on boards, and I haven't even had my mid-morning coffee yet! :D

Makes a lot of sense though actually when I think about it... *Googles* :D

The broad hips is more important than the legs pointing inward though, as this is also relevant for the hip/waist ration (another indicator of fertility and attractiveness).

I hope I'm not the only one who quantifies why I find a certain woman attractive in this way.....

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

If you look at the women who men find extremely attractive physically, they nearly always have a well defined gap. This isn't a conscious judgment, it's instinctive.

What men? Have there been studies done on this? :confused:

What men? Have there been studies done on this? :confused:

Probably. Notice the women who have have visceral effect on men sexually, notice the shape of the hips and the area between the upper thighs.

Probably. Notice the women who have have visceral effect on men sexually, notice the shape of the hips and the area between the upper thighs.

Yes I know the gap that you're talking about but you're full of crap. You're talking about men as if all men are sexually attracted to exactly the same thing. Some men like that gap, some men don't. Some men like big boobs, some men don't. Some men like fat girls, some men don't. etc etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

So you're taking your own personal tastes and assigning it to all men?

Ok then.

You probably don't see anything wrong with that assertion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭RayCon

Take Serena Williams. She can be classed as a big woman (but sexy)

:eek:

Yes I know the gap that you're talking about but you're full of crap. You're talking about men as if all men are sexually attracted to exactly the same thing. Some men like that gap, some men don't. Some men like big boobs, some men don't. Some men like fat girls, some men don't. etc etc etc.

I'm not talking crap, it is widely regarded as attractive amongst men. It's a signal of good health and fertility.

Just like tall men are widely preferred to short men by women, gaps are preferred to no gaps by the majority of men.

So you're taking your own personal tastes and assigning it to all men?

Ok then.

You probably don't see anything wrong with that assertion.

No it's an instinctive reaction which is common in the majority of men.

When did I say every single man prefers the gap?

It's what most men prefer just like most women prefer tall men. I really think you must have your head in the sand not to notice these widespread preferences.

I'm not talking crap, it is widely regarded as attractive amongst men. It's a signal of good health and fertility.

Just like tall men are widely preferred to short men by women, gaps are preferred to no gaps by the majority of men.

You guess it is widely regarded as attractive. Unless you have carried out surveys or studies then you're just making wild assumptions and generalisations.

• Advertisement

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    The broad hips is more important than the legs pointing inward though, as this is also relevant for the hip/waist ration (another indicator of fertility and attractiveness).

I hope I'm not the only one who quantifies why I find a certain woman attractive in this way.....

Well, as weird as this is going to sound Kaiser, the reason it made sense for me at least, is because I was just thinking of the support structure needed to accomodate the pregnancy, it's like say if you took a boiled egg and held it underneath between your thumb, index and middle finger, then turn your hand upside down - which method offered more support for the egg? :o

The hip to waist ratio is a common enough one though, but again that wouldn't be size related - a girl size eight can have the same hip to waist ratio as a girl size eighteen- it's a ratio, not a set point.

Men and women are attracted to all different sorts and sizes in all fairness, and what one person may or may not find attractive, another person might think seven ways from sunday... generalisations about human beings perception will always be biased when based upon our own perceptions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 Spurtacus

The type of models we see on catwalks & in Vogue are female models who appeal to females, this is how we imagine we want to look.

The reality is most men prefer curvier women with larger boobs & bum.

You guess it is widely regarded as attractive. Unless you have carried out surveys or studies then you're just making wild assumptions and generalisations.

Would you regard it a wild assumption to assume women prefer usually prefer tall men? I have no studies to back that assertion up, only my life experiences and perceptions, but that assertion is in know way wild, it has my lifetime of experience backing it up. And it just happens to be right too, women usually prefer tall men.

Would you regard it a wild assumption to assume women prefer usually prefer tall men? I have no studies to back that assertion up, only my life experiences and perceptions, but that assertion is in know way wild, it has my lifetime of experience backing it up. And it just happens to be right too, women usually prefer tall men.

IME women tend to prefer guys who are taller than them. As women are generally shorter than men, it's not a crazy assumption to make. I've never ever heard/read anything about the "majority" of men preferring women with a triangular gap between their thighs.

IME women tend to prefer guys who are taller than them. As women are generally shorter than men, it's not a crazy assumption to make. I've never ever heard/read anything about the "majority" of men preferring women with a triangular gap between their thighs.

You have now, I'd gamble my house on this, that's how confident I am, men love the gap.

You have now, I'd gamble my house on this, that's how confident I am, men love the gap.

You'd gamble your house on what? That some men love the gap? That's an incredibly safe bet, I'd gamble my house that some men don't!

So... I don't even know how to put this one-

You're putting forward your opinion then as a statement of fact, based on what has to be said is obviously only your own limited life experience, and you can't see an issue with that?

How do you account for the attractiveness of a woman who wears a skirt then or a minidress? The thigh triangle is nothing more than a feature that some men find attractive the same way as ass dimples, eyes, lips, they're all features, the same way as there are hot gingers, and not so hot gingers, not so hot brunettes, and smoking brunettes, blondes who have more fun, and blondes who are boring as fcuk.

You're simply generalising when something fits with your theory. An unbiased and objective opinion doesn't work like that, but you are entitled to your own individual opinion regardless; I'm just saying you'd be wrong to try and pass it off as anything representative of the majority of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

What the fuk is this gap yokey that I'm meant to have to make me attractive to men? So my thighs aren't rubbing against each other? Is this a requirement in standing or when lying down? Or both?

They can't see it when I'm wearing a dress so what do they go by then?!

What a load of nonsense!

To be fair about this triangular gap thing (while I think it's attractive and I think most men would too) is that it's only apparent when a woman is standing with her feet together, which is not a particularly common stance. So I'll stick with the hip/waist ratio as it's usually a indicator of goof fat distribution (little fat around the waist) and hip size

This is the gap yokey. It's fairly hot - IMO!

• Advertisement

You'd gamble your house on what? That some men love the gap? That's an incredibly safe bet, I'd gamble my house that some men don't!

No the vast majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

This is the gap yokey. It's fairly hot - IMO!

I see. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Is the thigh-gap only sexy because you look at it and see "easy access"??

I think that's kind of bollocks but whatever floats your boat. But it is no indicator of thinness or fatness. I'm a size 16 with chunky thighs and no thigh gap. My sister is size 10 with toned, muscular thighs from cycling and she has no thigh gap. That's genetics and if I were to lose weight I'd probably be as likely to end up with a thigh gap as I would different coloured eyes.

Also worth mentioning - lots of people here seem to equate "big" with "curvy". You can be a size 8 and be curvy. Curvy is about your shape, the silhouette of your body, not your size. If you're talking about bigger girls, that means wobbly tummies, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I'm after nearly creasing myself in the tiny toilets in work trying to see if I have a gap :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

From past experiences, I have come to the conclusion that most guys don't really care either way.

Most of them will happily take home a size 10 or a size 16, as long as there are boobs attached.
    And I know a good few who will turn their backs on a size 10 if they spot a well-shaped size 22. Overall, it seems to be more about proportion (boobs-waist-hip ratio) than actual size.

Sauve wrote: »
    I'm after nearly creasing myself in the tiny toilets in work trying to see if I have a gap :pac:

:pac:

Based on Kaiser's posts, I should have the right shape for a gap - just need to lose the fat on my thighs first :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Yeah what classy birds being the bit on the side. It doesn't matter if your fat or not its a bit on the side for the cheater. OP you're deluded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Triangular what now?
    So we're measuring attraction in geometric figures now?
    What a load of twaddle

The Cool wrote: »
    Is the thigh-gap only sexy because you look at it and see "easy access"??

I think that's kind of bollocks but whatever floats your boat. But it is no indicator of thinness or fatness. I'm a size 16 with chunky thighs and no thigh gap. My sister is size 10 with toned, muscular thighs from cycling and she has no thigh gap. That's genetics and if I were to lose weight I'd probably be as likely to end up with a thigh gap as I would different coloured eyes.

I've already explained why it's attractive. It's not really down to skinniness

• Advertisement

Weathering wrote: »
    Yeah what classy birds being the bit on the side. It doesn't matter if your fat or not its a bit on the side for the cheater. OP you're deluded

The girl in the OP probably didn't know she was the bit on the side in fairness.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement