Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hibernian Aviva Renewal Quote (Health)

Options
  • 11-03-2010 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Having been with Hibernian Aviva for 1 year, my annual premium increased by almost 15% (well in excess of €100 :eek:) despite making no claims.

Has anyone else experienced a similar situation?

Can anyone shed some light on this issue for me from your own experience maybe?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Everyone pays the same for health insurance, regardless of whether you claim or not. VHI premiums went up this year too, don't know about Quinn but they probably did too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 CuriousPaddy

Yeah I'm aware of the fact that there are standard rate premiums but I was just stressing the point. How can they justify such a large increase in premiums???

Now I know how they can afford to splash €40m on naming rights for Lansdowne road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 CuriousPaddy

Apparently the increase is a direct result of an 8 per cent increase in medical inflation as well as its rising claims bill.

So there you have it - claims do matter after all... (collectively)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Have a look at the Health Insurance Authority's website (www.hia.ie) to see if you can find cheaper equivalent plans. The HIA was set up by the Government as an independant monitoring body for health insurance and they have a cool comparison feature. Just make sure to take a few moments to read the questions you're asked as it will narrow down the options for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭dubmick

probably due to the introduction of the health levy by the Government...... €160 per adult and €53 per child

• Advertisement
Advertisement