Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outskirts of Dublin restuarants

• 26-07-2013 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I recently moved out to the country. Well about 25 mins from city center. (the country to me) Does anyone know of any decent restaurants on the outskirts of Dublin.

I'm thinkin out as far as Naas and in as far as Lucan.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

If you're willing to travel as far as Saggart I've heard good things about The Anvil Restaurant. Been meaning to give it a go myself.
    There's also Browns Barn in Citywest which ain't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,209 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

http://www.villageatlyons.com/

There's a restaurant and a cafe here, both excellent. Really nice setting too.
    Cafe is great during the day for lunch, and good value too.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭krooney

Saggart. I will try that. They look only 5 mins off the motorway.

Lyons estate. Ive heard of it but it looks a bit off the beaten track. Is it expensive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Poitin still at the end of Rathcoole, as been said brown barn, and then a bit nearer dublin Joels,which personally I am not to fond of,there is also a restaurant in the hotel beside it, Also there is kingwood house near the newish maldren hotel at the city west exit and last but not least avoca has a restarant along that way to.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,209 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Menu on the Lyons Village website:
    http://www.villageatlyons.com/dining/dinner_menu

Cafe menu is here:
    http://www.villageatlyons.com/dining/cafe_menu

They do afternoon tea there in the cafe too. It's not far off the main roads, definitely worth a visit for the whole setting. Great looking place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,807 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Lovely little Tapas Bar in Naas called Las Rada if you like Tapas. Great atmosphere there.

Couple more nice ones in Naas, Vie De Chateaux (expensive enough) but nice.

Kasturi Indian in Lucan, used to be great when I lived there about 6 years ago, not sure what it is like now

Personally, I think the Anvil is just ok, and expensive for what you get and Joels is a no no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Beckett's in Leixlip is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Big fan of La Banca in Lucan, not really cheap but lovely food

Reeds in the River in the village is nice too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Big fan of La Banca in Lucan, not really cheap but lovely food

Reeds in the River in the village is nice too

Yeah, really like La Banca. The upstairs Tapas Fusion place is decent as well.

I was really impressed the few times I've been to Reeds on the River.

If you want to head closer to the city, the Anglers Rest currently has a really good menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Lumbo wrote: »
    Yeah, really like La Banca. The upstairs Tapas Fusion place is decent as well.

I was really impressed the few times I've been to Reeds on the River.

If you want to head closer to the city, the Anglers Rest currently has a really good menu.

Da Vinci is nice in Leixlip but Leixlip House is really good. As for in around Lucan, i havent found anything that blown me away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Da Vinci is nice in Leixlip but Leixlip House is really good. As for in around Lucan, i havent found anything that blown me away.

Da Vinci's is a poor mans Italian. Can believe people still eat there.

Lumbo wrote: »
    Da Vinci's is a poor mans Italian. Can believe people still eat there.

Thats because its not really an Italian, its a mixture of thai and Italian.

Miles ahead of La Blanca also. That place has had more owners over the last few years but still serves poor food, there is a reason why it struggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Thats because its not really an Italian, its a mixture of thai and Italian.

Miles ahead of La Blanca also. That place has had more owners over the last few years but still serves poor food, there is a reason why it struggles.

When was the last time you were in La Banca? I agree that previous owners/chefs havent been up to much but the current chef (I think hes the owner too) is really good. Food is great, nice staff. Excellent seafood. You should check it out again

When was the last time you were in La Banca? I agree that previous owners/chefs havent been up to much but the current chef (I think hes the owner too) is really good. Food is great, nice staff. Excellent seafood. You should check it out again

Over 18 months since last time, will give it another shot soon so.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Over 18 months since last time, will give it another shot soon so.

Same here. I bought a €55 voucher valid against all food / drinks for €22 a few days ago

I just checked and this deal has expired. Interestingly, there is a deal for €22 for 2 starters and 2 main courses in Lucan Golf Club, prepared by the same chef as in La Banca :)

Bought that as well. I love those deals :cool:

Advertisement