Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Work Wanted Superthread (Only ad thread - Read post before posting) Updated 14/01/15

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Hi guys, I need a website for my business. The current one doesn't exist. Yes, I will pay, yes, I need to be able to find it on google(and hopefully others will be able to also) and it needs to look good - professional and crispy. Also, I'm an evolver, so I'd like it if the website evolved as well..

I'm in the kildare area - you don't need to be, but it might help, then again, it might not.. but if you're in Alaska, meeting up might get akward.

Most of our current clients/target clients are on the big side, ie multinationals. We're on the small side but need to appear equally global and glossy -minus the hat-stand and company Merc. We're fifteen years in business, so are jaded, cynical, downtrodden, been there, got the t-shirt - we don't really do "dreamy" so I'd prefer if you didn't either. If this sounds like somthing you could get your teeth into(and our products are damn good), pm me. We can have a coffee and bullshit each other about our past successes, what great value you are and how much I want to pay - then maybe just get on with it and get it done.. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Gizmoses

Hey NuckingFacker. I private messaged you

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gomez_gomes

Hey NuckingFacker will be your feeling in-terms of Out Source!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭thedeal

Hi Guys,

I have created a website using a free template design and it looks OK but think it could be better. So what I'm looking for is somebody who can maybe create a 5 page website. I have an idea what I'm looking for but wouldn't be able to do it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

thedeal wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I have created a website using a free template design and it looks OK but think it could be better. So what I'm looking for is somebody who can maybe create a 5 page website. I have an idea what I'm looking for but wouldn't be able to do it myself.

Just PM'd you there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 gomez_gomes

I can show you some of My designs I have did in Irish Market.. Help me with your services!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 celticgi

Hi People.

I am looking for a person who is interested in a partnership in selling high quality products over the web.

I have set the site up and linked all google webmaster, analytics, adwords accounts and have done seo work and have numeroos back links and made some sales.

However I need to take the site to the next level, increase traffic and hence sales. The market based on keyword and competitor research is huge. I can only read so much and need that expertise and experience to make the site more profitable, i.e. increase sales.

I am based in Dublin and am IT literate but I need a digital marketing partner who can I can work with and under their direction. I don't want to use a company as I would prefer a partner to work with as it would be based on results driven sales.

If this is something that sound like you would be interested in please drop me a line. There is definitely money to be made.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭jinghong

Mods - posted this in the entrepreneurial section - maybe you can delete since I just found this forum

I need a developer to implement opencart deployment. Detailed spec ready to send if you pm me. Could be a nice interesting project with ongoing development, as we need multi site implementation over time

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Stuboyovo

PM'd

• Registered Users Posts: 2 celticgi

jinghong wrote: »
    Mods - posted this in the entrepreneurial section - maybe you can delete since I just found this forum

I need a developer to implement opencart deployment. Detailed spec ready to send if you pm me. Could be a nice interesting project with ongoing development, as we need multi site implementation over time

Hi I have implemented opencart and am proficient in its use.

Let me know what the details are?

Andrew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Firstcom

Hi guys,

I hope this is the right place to post this. You can apply with through LinkedIn: linkd.in/12GPOPq

Firstcom is looking to recruit an experienced web designer/developer to join their digital team. This is a great opportunity for an all-rounder who is able to take a web project from a brief and see it all the way through to completion.

Firstcom is a dynamic full-service agency based in Dublin and serves markets worldwide. Our digital department deliver professional bespoke websites, social media management solutions, email marketing, SEO and online advertising.

The Essentials:
    Design & Development
    • Strong front-end coding skills – HTML5, JS, JQuery + CSS3; written cleanly, semantically and to standards.
    • Strong design skills backed up by a solid portfolio of work
    • Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience of developing sites through CMSs such as Expressionengine and Wordpress.
    • Proficiency with modern web design concepts such as responsive web design and mobile first development.
    • Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop and Illustrator.
    • Knowledge of SEO best practices when it comes to developing a site.
    • A strong grasp of UI/UX design and its implementation.
    • Genuine passion for all things digital and interest in keeping up-to-date with current and emerging trends.
    Interpersonal Skills
    • Be comfortable presenting wireframes and designs to clients, and be able to communicate complex ideas using non-techy language
    • Ability to familiarise yourself quickly with brand goals, integrate their style into design and deliver projects on time.
    • Manage the expectations of clients and be able to give realistic estimates of the time involved to complete a task.
    • Be able to work equally well as part of a team and on your own initiative.
    Education and Experience
    • Minimum of 3+ years working in a web design/development role
    • 2.1 or higher Bachelor's Degree in a design, media or computer science discipline or equivalent professional experience.

It also wouldn't hurt to have experience with:
    • Wireframing tools such as Balsamiq mockups
    • Bootstrap/Foundation or similar front-end framework
    • PHP development
    • A/B Testing
    • Flash Banner Ads + online advertising
    • After Effects + Video editing
    • Analytics, SEO + SEM
    • Email marketing
    • Social Media Management
    • Contributing to a blog
    • Mobile app development
    • .net implementations, SQL scripting and CRM integration

• Registered Users Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Hi

Looking for someone to do add a slider banner to our website. Would need to be able to just code it, add it to my current site and show me how I can change the images when I need to.

Paying job provided its reasonable. Plenty more work available for the future.

Thanks

rob

• Registered Users Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭rob316

rob316 wrote: »
    Hi

Looking for someone to do add a slider banner to our website. Would need to be able to just code it, add it to my current site and show me how I can change the images when I need to.

Paying job provided its reasonable. Plenty more work available for the future.

Thanks

rob

Hi everyone

Someone replied and is taking care of it now. So thanks

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dubfire

Hi all, I am setting up a new online eccomerce site and i am looking for someone to work on CSV files for me ,there is a very big amount of products to be imported, the site and everything else has being done, unfortunatley i cannot get my head around the CSV files, if anyone is interested in the job please get in contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭fptosca

Hi all,
    I’m building a website and I need help to develop some of its functionality. I’m using Soholaunch website builder. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to give as much detail as I can.
    Please PM me with a quote on the following if interested:

1 - The site has a section for users to login. There’s a form in there that they can fill in with certain information and the data goes into a Database. All this is fine. Where I need help is on this:

- Link table to each of the user’s account so they can see it and manage it every time they login. Currently the information entered on the form is saved on the Database fine but it’s gone from the screen after the user hits save
    - Add log out button on this page.

2 - I have created search form for users to make a search on the Database.

- I don't know how to link this search form with the Database table where the info is held (a search form can be created from the Database directly and the search produce results fine. However this search form doesn’t look the way I would like it and I cannot add all the fields that I need on the search). Multiple results are possible and a book button should be placed beside each of them.
    - When displaying the results of the search, two fields have to be calculated and I don't know how to do that (i.e. total cost less deposit (which is a %) = Total to pay now). I want the page with the results to be simple.

3 – When the user selects book, s/he will be directed to a form to enter some personal information (such as email address) and there will be a link to Paypal to pay the deposit.

- The form should display a small summary of the booking details including total cost and total deposit.
    - Trigger an automatic email to the user when the payment has been processed with a reference number (from Paypal I guess?) and the details of the booking. The email should also go to my webmaster email account.

I can provide a requirements document with screenshots and how I think it would work on the web. As It's my first site, I'm open to suggestions of course.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

fptosca wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I’m building a website and I need help to develop some of its functionality. I’m using Soholaunch website builder. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to give as much detail as I can.
    Please PM me with a quote on the following if interested:

1 - The site has a section for users to login. There’s a form in there that they can fill in with certain information and the data goes into a Database. All this is fine. Where I need help is on this:

- Link table to each of the user’s account so they can see it and manage it every time they login. Currently the information entered on the form is saved on the Database fine but it’s gone from the screen after the user hits save
    - Add log out button on this page.

2 - I have created search form for users to make a search on the Database.

- I don't know how to link this search form with the Database table where the info is held (a search form can be created from the Database directly and the search produce results fine. However this search form doesn’t look the way I would like it and I cannot add all the fields that I need on the search). Multiple results are possible and a book button should be placed beside each of them.
    - When displaying the results of the search, two fields have to be calculated and I don't know how to do that (i.e. total cost less deposit (which is a %) = Total to pay now). I want the page with the results to be simple.

3 – When the user selects book, s/he will be directed to a form to enter some personal information (such as email address) and there will be a link to Paypal to pay the deposit.

- The form should display a small summary of the booking details including total cost and total deposit.
    - Trigger an automatic email to the user when the payment has been processed with a reference number (from Paypal I guess?) and the details of the booking. The email should also go to my webmaster email account.

I can provide a requirements document with screenshots and how I think it would work on the web. As It's my first site, I'm open to suggestions of course.

Thanks

what's your budget

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Hey,
    I'm looking for someone who'd be interested in doing a Coding For Kids class in the Dun Laoghaire area, like what they do in Coder Dojo. If you're interested or know someone who might be just get in touch!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

What should I expect to pay a freelancer to help me setup an online shop through Shopify? I just signed up for the free version, but will be paying the monthly fees after 14 days.

Would need to makeup a company logo, and a nicely designed web page. Hope I'll be able to add the products myself (when they arrive). Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

What should I expect to pay a freelancer to help me setup an online shop through Shopify? I just signed up for the free version, but will be paying the monthly fees after 14 days.

Would need to makeup a company logo, and a nicely designed web page. Hope I'll be able to add the products myself (when they arrive). Thanks

5k+

KonFusion wrote: »
    5k+

Don't have 5k. I would have thought that would be a crazy price?

How much do you think this Shopify website cost to develop?

I'm in contact with the developer of that site (via Elance), and he's coming back to me with a price. He's got 100% feedback, with superb reviews.

I've also got other quotes, from other highly rated developers and they were no where near €5k.

Obviously people in India would do it cheaper, but still think that price is excessive.

PS I have lots of PM's I need to reply to. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭JOHNPT

Hello All

I currently have a website http://www.myelectrician.ie/ which I want to redevelop. I like the overall format but think it lacks a professional look, some of the fonts aren't appealing, the blog is poorly laid out etc etc.
    I am looking for someone to work with what I have or redevelop from scratch using a suitable theme.
    My ambition is to be in the top 3 of Google for keyword 'Electrician Dublin' so an understanding of SEO etc is important.

PM if interested with an eg of other Wordpress based sites you have developed.
    I am based in Dublin.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Hi all i help out with the Laois spca and have been asked to look after the website ,ie uploading pictures of the animals we have for rehoming etc and general news of events.The website we have now is all over the place and is very bad,confusing and time consuming to upload the picture.
    So was asking as our funds are very low would someone be in a position to redesign our site for free and make it more user friendly and hopefully get our animals out there.Pm me if anyone is in a position to help.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Permanent junior front end developer role at leading London agency:

• Good understanding of HTML and CSS
    • Strong problem solving and analytical skills
    • Passion for the latest techniques and trends in the web industry
    • The ability to hand code efficient, semantic, valid and accessible code
    • Understanding feature detection and progressive enhancement
    • Experience with SVN, GIT or TFS repositories
    • An excellent eye for detail

PM me for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭WildSaffron

Hi,

We are a community & voluntary group in Meath and need some help on an existing website.

Budget: €0
    Kudos on working on the site: Lots - we will get media coverage on the site and profile you highly on completion
    Future paid work prospects on the site: Looking positive - we are applying for a lot of funding to keep the site sustainable

We need to:

1) Convert the HTML site to WordPress
    2) Put in one interactive map
    3) Add a blog
    4) Make some of the features easier to use especially a couple of forms that will automatically add information to some of the pages.

It is an exciting site and the right person might help the completion and functionality of it.

I have spent about a year working on this site voluntarily and being a self taught designer - would appreciate some expert finishing off.

I know there is someone out there that could possibly become a permanent member of an exciting group!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

del

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

KonFusion wrote: »
    5k+

Ask my bo11ox and 5k! That was simply thrown up here without any other questions so you're having a fcuking laugh.

Pontiac - shopify is well backed up, fairly simple interface and plenty of people out there willing to help who are not pretending to be Dick Turpin.

IRE60 wrote: »
    Ask my bo11ox and 5k! That was simply thrown up here without any other questions so you're having a fcuking laugh.

Pontiac - shopify is well backed up, fairly simple interface and plenty of people out there willing to help who are not pretending to be Dick Turpin.

I agree, a truly ridiculous post/quote. Not great advice for small start-ups looking for advice.

Have no idea what planet some Irish developers are living on. Like they haven't accepted that all that Tiger lunacy died some time in 2008. It's a global market now, with nearly everyone owning a smartphone, skpe etc. It makes doing business in foreign countries a breeze.

Nearly completed my shofity store now. Designer doing all the work (inserting my product images on homepage etc.) for €260. Very professional approach.

Have also hired an Irish freelancer for other projects as she's not living in fantasy land with her quotes. Buy Irish where at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I agree, a truly ridiculous post/quote. Not great advice for small start-ups looking for advice.

Have no idea what planet some Irish developers are living on. Like they haven't accepted that all that Tiger lunacy died some time in 2008. It's a global market now, with nearly everyone owning a smartphone, skpe etc. It makes doing business in foreign countries a breeze.

Nearly completed my shofity store now. Designer doing all the work (inserting my product images on homepage etc.) for €260. Very professional approach.

Have also hired an Irish freelancer for other projects as she's not living in fantasy land with her quotes. Buy Irish where at all possible.

While 5k was ridiculous in my opinion, 260 is equally so. No idea how it can pay someone to do it for that price.

peejay1986 wrote: »
    While 5k was ridiculous in my opinion, 260 is equally so. No idea how it can pay someone to do it for that price.

Why? Do you know the average wage in places like India and Pakistan? €260 is a few weeks wages in some countries, you know.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Why? Do you know the average wage in places like India and Pakistan? €260 is a few weeks wages in some countries, you know.:)

Well probably worth stating that you got it done abroad then? From the rest of your post I assumed that you'd hired Irish workers for the projects.

Advertisement