Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Donegal people drive like LUNATICS-says Gay Bryne

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

ShiresV2 wrote: »
    He is a bitter, bigoted, insufferable cúnt and the sooner he's dead and buried the better.

Well balanced critique right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Why do the cops do damn all. The boy racers blantly meet up on Sunday night without any pretence and speed around the LetterKenny to Derry Road

Probably because they have no transport themselves, going on the story during the week about house broken into and the owner had to drive to collect guard from station. Good old Ireland??'?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Probably because they have no transport themselves, going on the story during the week about house broken into and the owner had to drive to collect guard from station. Good old Ireland??'?

His station will probably be closed in the next few years anyway.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I would totally agree.

I spent a month there one weekend and every word out of those peoples mouths (when I could understand what was being said that is) was 'mon go rally, mon go rally'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

there must be a reason for saying it,i dont think gay just comes out with randomness like that,hes probably looking at stats and just came out with it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

That cnut used to spend his summer holidays in Donegal....think he still might have a house up here. The local boy racers better not find out where he stays :D

yeah maybe gay was doing donuts up there :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I just don't like Gay Byrne, that's all I have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

Gay needs to get over himself tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

paddy147 wrote: »
    Gay Byrne is live on TV3 right now,and hes absolutely lambasting Donegal People,and claiming that they are the worst drivers in Ireland and drive like "lunatics".

Well done Gay Byrne,great way to make friends with Donegal people......:eek::D:D

Yeah gay, well at least they drive their local guards to the crime scene.... crazy and all as they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

This is the story about it.

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2012/07/02/woman-had-to-drive-garda-to-her-burgled-home-because-no-patrol-car-available/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Insider information

The former Late Late Show host, who owns a holiday home outside Dungloe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

He is and always has been a Patronising condescending prick, I hope a Donegal trucker runs over the cnut.

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

kincsem wrote: »
    Insider information

The former Late Late Show host, who owns a holiday home outside Dungloe

This should be copied to the Motors section.....just so the boy racers up here can see it. Would think there will be lots of donut marks on the road outside his holiday home lol

FanadMan wrote: »
    This should be copied to the Motors section.....just so the boy racers up here can see it.
    Boy racers in Donegal. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Has no one done the digital switchover on that self-absorbed cantankerous out-dated condescending drunk-driving gas bag yet?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

paddy147 wrote: »
    great way to make friends with Donegal people......:eek::D:D

wtf would he wanna make friends with Donegal people??

a lot of boy racers i notice come from the county rather than the city,they have miles and miles of road,learn how to drive earlier in life,so they can drive out of where there from,thats why you have more 'culchie' boy racers than city boy racers,im not saying theres no city boy racers,but in my experience its mainly townies or culchies..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    I hate that muppet, he's so gay

terrible man, terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

withless wrote: »
    I would totally agree.

I spent a month there one weekend......

WTF!:confused: So you spent a month there one weekend?

Fúck, have you managed to manipulate the space-time continuum? Because that's much bigger than the higgs-boson imo.

• Advertisement

lol and :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

No truth like an unpleasant truth and Gay has hit the target once again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

a lot of boy racers i notice come from the county rather than the city,they have miles and miles of road,learn how to drive earlier in life,so they can drive out of where there from,thats why you have more 'culchie' boy racers than city boy racers,im not saying theres no city boy racers,but in my experience its mainly townies or culchies..

What? I know a few who would buy an old car and career around the back roads of Laghey at 1am. Bouncing off ditches, turning the car over, righting it again, someone else flying pissed down the pettigo road in a Renault 18 after the pubs closed and turning it over. Going out to recover it and finding a pint glass in it.

I tells ya, Donegal is a world on its own.

(ALLEDGEDLY:rolleyes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

Cities have joyriders. They steal cars.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Actually, I heard about that. An incident on the Derry side of Letterkenny (around Raphoe NewtownCunningham) a victim of a burgular had to drive to the Garda station and give the copper a lift to inspect the house

The example that I referred to was based on what I witnessed between 2002-2007, plenty of cars then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

WTF!:confused: So you spent a month there one weekend?

Fúck, have you managed to manipulate the space-time continuum? Because that's much bigger than the higgs-boson imo.

Because that is what a weekend in parts of Donegal feels like, cough cough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Well if oul' uncle Gaybo said it then it must be true(ly patronising)

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Mully_2011

withless wrote: »
    I would totally agree.

I spent a month there one weekend and every word out of those peoples mouths (when I could understand what was being said that is) was 'mon go rally, mon go rally'.

*faceplam*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Mully_2011 wrote: »
    *faceplam*

*faceplum*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭amacca

Gay Byrne eh.....Is he still talking?.....and is anyone really listening?

the sooner himself and that other notable retiree Micheal o Muircheartaigh actually fcuk off and actually retire the better.

either that or someone comes up with a reality show where unwanted retired "personalities" are put in a gigantic blender when they say they are going to retire from public life and subsequently dont.

I hate the way they got my hopes up and then I had to listen to more than ever of their irritating/condescending guff.

Advertisement