Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Frozen out

• 26-10-2010 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have been working in the public sector for the last three year, for the last year I have been frozen out by my manager. About 18 months ago we had a falling out about how he was running the unit, the type of discussion I have
    had with other bosses when I worked in the private sector without any
    of them getting bent out of shape.

Since then I have recieved very little to do and its doing my head
    in I need to be busy, if things where better on the jobs front I would leave.
    I have brought the matter up with HR and it goes nowhere.

Not sure what if anything to do next. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

What a bloody child of a manager!

Try shedualing a meeting with the manager and discussing how you could take on more work and how you would like to broaden your experience etc.

If you don't feel an apology is needed from either party I would just gloss over it and get on with it.

Make sure you get back on talking terms with this manager, god knows what they are saying about you in your absence.

Advertisement