Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stanley Super 90 range help needed

• 16-02-2010 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My father has a solid fuel Stanley Super 90 range which is about 16-17 years old now. He recently had to replace the top plate as it had cracked and fractured. He had a guy who repaired ranges do this for him and he actually used a top plate from a oil Stanley Super 90 as he said it was all he could get. Since then the heat output has been really poor and it's impossible to to get the thermostat past about 150 C even with a blasting fire that would previously have the thermostat at max. Anyone any experience of these ranges and have any advice or know someone with good experience of these who he could contact in Galway area.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭celtboy1888

impossible to diagnose with out seeing it, but i have seen cases in the past where ppl have used other tops for stoves etc...sometimes it dont work, as it may screw in ok and fit tight to the gasket...but the 'baffle' ridges under the hot plate are different, and can affect the flow of air/heat around the boiler/oven... might be the problem..

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭cgc5483

impossible to diagnose with out seeing it, but i have seen cases in the past where ppl have used other tops for stoves etc...sometimes it dont work, as it may screw in ok and fit tight to the gasket...but the 'baffle' ridges under the hot plate are different, and can affect the flow of air/heat around the boiler/oven... might be the problem..

Yeah i thought it might be something like this. Interesting the guy said that the reason the previous top cracked was because it was screwed down too tightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭celtboy1888

cgc5483 wrote: »
    Yeah i thought it might be something like this. Interesting the guy said that the reason the previous top cracked was because it was screwed down too tightly.

not possible to screw it down too tight...unless he used a pneumatic air gun!

:rolleyes:

Advertisement