Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Really want this job?

• 26-10-2010 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

I applied for a job in Germany Primark to work over the Christmas time i was told in the interview told i would get a call if succefull by end of the week ( last week ) or early next week (this week) im worried i wont get the call i really want this job so bad if i dont get a call i know i be very upset should i think the worst now :(

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Unfortunately people that do the hiring often forget that a day or two delay can mean a lot more stress for the candidate than to themselves. It's still only the first working day of the week. If you don't hear back by Thursday afternoon, it might be worth following up with a polite phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭NinjaNikki

eoin wrote: »
    Unfortunately people that do the hiring often forget that a day or two delay can mean a lot more stress for the candidate than to themselves. It's still only the first working day of the week. If you don't hear back by Thursday afternoon, it might be worth following up with a polite phone call.

So am i stupid gettin upset and worried now is it to early to give up?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

They're still not really all that late in letting you know, but I can see why you're getting stressed. Don't give up hope just yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭NinjaNikki

eoin wrote: »
    They're still not really all that late in letting you know, but I can see why you're getting stressed. Don't give up hope just yet :)

it's just been so hard for me and really would love this job i know its early but it's just on my mind cant sleep because of it:(:(

Advertisement