Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Battlefield Hardline [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options
  • 18-06-2014 3:02pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭

New thread for ANOTHER Battlefield game. Discuss how ****e the game is, things you hate about it, players you hate in it, how bad the NETCODE is etc.

Have fun!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

ktulu123 wrote: »
    how bad the NETCODE is
    See, that level of pettiness is why you're about to be teamkilled with every vehicle on the map next time we're both playing at the same time :P

To swipe from the beta thread:
    Yeah, it feels like it has better hit detection and so on than BF4 did, but that's more down to BF4 CTE and "better" here just means "almost what we thought we were going to get from day one when we paid out most of a hundred euro for BF4 last time".

The movement still feels leaden, the helos still wobble around awkwardly when you fly and run out of power the very moment you need to do a steep turn, the screen shake when the crane falls is downright stupid because how the hell does a crane hitting the ground cause the viewpoint in a helicopter in the air on the far side of the map to shake???.

The guns feel... off. It's hard to put that one in words, but it's like they're not hitting very hard downrange and they feel like toy cap-guns to you when firing. And this "You can't upgrade to this scope until you get X kills with this gun" nonsense is ridiculous bull****. I have a job and a life and **** to do EA, that's how I can afford your games, I don't expect to be told in-game that I have to put in six hours work to get to play the way I want to play! FFS.

Not to mention, it means that the people who can put in 16 hours a day playing games will get an advantage over those who can't not just because of the practice time, but because everyone else can't get the red dot sight or scope or whatever they're used to from BF4 so they'd have even half a chance in a match with those lads. Get a month in past release and new players will be so outmatched by peoples gear that it'll be ridiculous. It's almost as bad as pay-to-win.

And the map's about 10% too small and confined.

And worst of all, while the modes (well, blood money anyway) could be fun, they go beyond where BF4 went in promoting teamwork; right out to the point where it's mandatory now to be in a team communicating on teamspeak. In BF4, when you go onto a server as a singleton, you're not as effective as a team by a large margin but you can still, if you're good enough and a little lucky, have a decent match and enjoy it. But in Hardline, if you have even three or four people working as a team and your side is singletons? Give up, go play chess, you'll get more fun out of it. It's ludicrously unbalanced in the teams-v-singletons game now. All the singletons can do is hang back and snipe - anyone getting up close to the action or, heaven forfend, actually trying to play the objective, is going to get shot in the back of the head by the opposing team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Sparks wrote: »
    See, that level of pettiness is why you're about to be teamkilled with every vehicle on the map next time we're both playing at the same time :P

Why, because there was in fact a problem with BF4's netcode? ;)

Why, because there was in fact a problem with BF4's netcode? ;)
    Yeah, the lack of an asterisk and the corresponding footnote reading "* There's no such thing, but marketing and the social media gurus ordered us to appease all the shouty people who diagnosed the problems as being netcode despite the fact that they wouldn't know TCP from UDP if you beat them to death with an ACK"

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Subtle.

• Advertisement

Subtle is not a word we should use about a game where you can jump out of a jet fighter, freefall for a few hundred metres, then fire an anti-tank rocket into someone's face and get bonus points for the headshot before opening your parachute and landing into the tank your victim was repairing and then driving off to blow up his friends :D

(ObRealLifeEdit: That should read "before driving off to see his friends at which point the game crashes your video drivers so bad it BSODs your machine and you have to restart")

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It feels like a piece of €15 DLC for Battlefield 4 rather than a full-priced standalone game.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

It feels like a piece of €15 DLC for Battlefield 4 rather than a full-priced standalone game.
    Not really sure I'm comfortable paying €15. Maybe I'll get it during the Steam Sale, or just wait for GTA V :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Going by that one map & 2 game modes, its a fun €30 game. So I'll pay something in that region on a discount site.

Maybe the other maps will improve the game but I doubt they'll improve it enough to make it a €60 + €60 DLC game.

Advertisement