Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Exactly my thoughts, 3 just seemed to be milking it. I still managed to get most of the others at knock down prices from a friend:o I liked ODST it brought something new but then it just turned bad again.

Halo 3 lasted all of an hour in my drive, was close to just chucking it in the bin....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Ianobeano wrote: »
    This is back,

and he STILL hasn't cleaned it !!! :rolleyes:

and he STILL hasn't sold it :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have to be a cliche and back out of the Everdrive, just spent 40 quid today on assorted games and tings, if I go and blow another 55 on the Everdrive I'll be shot, can't do it, even though I want it!!!
    Damn you emergent impulse control!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I have to be a cliche and back out of the Everdrive, just spent 40 quid today on assorted games and tings, if I go and blow another 55 on the Everdrive I'll be shot, can't do it, even though I want it!!!

Too follow up on this, I concur..... am beginning a spending spree that I can't seem to stop, this is what happens when herself goes out with work and leaves me to mind the kids......

• Advertisement

Too follow up on this, I concur..... am beginning a spending spree that I can't seem to stop, this is what happens when herself goes out with work and leaves me to mind the kids......

I'm just about done with the current gen stuff at release, I will make an exception for Under Defeat of course. It seems now if you're willing to wait a few months the price will be slashed to make way for the next big thing. RE6 was a disappointment filled with neither terror or suspense hardly living up to its hype. I picked up a stack of jap Saturn stuff that set me back less than a new release and a couple of gba games too.

It's a great price on them, if it was a snes one I would pick it up. I wonder what he will want for the sfc, the game doctor are a bit gone by the way since the UFO8 and Everdrive with the SD support.

Monkeykube wrote: »
    I'm just about done with the current gen stuff at release, I will make an exception for Under Defeat of course. It seems now if you're willing to wait a few months the price will be slashed to make way for the next big thing. RE6 was a disappointment filled with neither terror or suspense hardly living up to its hype. I picked up a stack of jap Saturn stuff that set me back less than a new release and a couple of gba games too.

Agreed on all these points, played the RE6 demo and that was enough for me, they've ruined this franchise and I don't think they'll ever get back to the tension the first two had. "The Last of Us" is the only game I'm awaiting release of at the mo so fingers crossed on this one. I've also started to rebuild my Dreamcast collection, so this is where my attention is at, god I love that machine !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Time waster!!! Avoid Avoid Avoid!!! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And now I've changed my mind again!
    Going to head up on my break and collect it.
    Impulse control be damned! It's not even Lent!
    My mind is going, I can feel it...

• Advertisement

Impulse control be dawned! It's not even Lent!

Feeling guilty ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭antor

Dr Bob wrote: »
    ah here , you could at least wait until I had a go at it!

Dont worry Bob you not missing much

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Here , gog.com are having an EA Sale , amongst other things Starflight 1 and 2 pack is 2 quid, great games and well worth checking out (graphically though the meg version is a lot better mind you !)

Impulse control be damned! It's not even Lent!

I don't think you would get a better price on it anywhere, just bring it home under the cover of darkness;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Not sure if this was mentioned, spotted it on ebay this morning, SEGA Touring Car arcade cab auction on ebay. its in Rathfarnham, collection only.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sega-Touring-Car-Driving-Machine-/110971674765?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item19d66d608d

• Registered Users Posts: 34,369 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

keithgeo wrote: »
    Not sure if this was mentioned, spotted it on ebay this morning, SEGA Touring Car arcade cab auction on ebay. its in Rathfarnham, collection only.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sega-Touring-Car-Driving-Machine-/110971674765?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item19d66d608d

The driving machine is approx 190cm x 70cm x 70cm. Selling because it does not get any use any more. Some of the branding on the box has been flawed over the years. Collection only

What a weird way of saying 'my kids have peeled the artwork off'

Master of the Universe

Those yolks are dreadful. Monster size an tiny tiny monitor. Always seem to sell for a good bit on ebay though - could never figure out why?

o1s1n wrote: »
    Those yolks are dreadful. Monster size an tiny tiny monitor. Always seem to sell for a good bit on ebay though - could never figure out why?

Yeah, went back for another look at it, these days my eyes couldn't take a screen that small. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Apart from the tiny screen, do ye think think 800 is a reasonable price for it ? 156 games sounds like its a multigame pcb rather then a mame cab.

• Advertisement

No, 200 max to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Apart from the tiny screen, do ye think think 800 is a reasonable price for it ? 156 games sounds like its a multigame pcb rather then a mame cab.

Not a hope, sure your not far off Candy territory at that stage, another few hundred & you've the Rolls Royce of cabs

Master of the Universe

I remember playing one in a shop in London about 6 or 7 years ago. Think it was selling at 1500. Which probably explains that auction price. Youd get a new astro city delivered from ronnie for about 850

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Dont think thats mame is it? looks like a 156 in 1 pcb or something? either way, its a bit pricey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I was up in Tescos in clarehall and the seem to be flogging the older 360 model. I think it was the arcade bundle the one with the pac man logo on the front for 100 euro. I don't know how reliable they are but their brand new and might suit somebody for that money. Would you still get the old 3 warranty with them?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

apparently Achilles needs a new xbox :pac:

Master of the Universe

Nice! Asking price is too expensive though. Got mine with cardboard sleeve on ebay for about €80 last year.

Retr0'll love this bit!

I received this game in a trade a while back and played it, really great game, epic as final fantasy 7!

apparently Achilles needs a new xbox :pac:

I hope he wasn't running it in that Ikea unit he got. I think it happens to them all sooner or later, I on my third.:(
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxX9KQJpK0R28dLtvHJVdU5M9I2I2lNwvUtUM2KE_23Z6HWRjGiw

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Nice! Asking price is too expensive though. Got mine with cardboard sleeve on ebay for about €80 last year.

Retr0'll love this bit!

I received this game in a trade a while back and played it, really great game, epic as final fantasy 7!

I had a feeling he didn't have the sleeve, that's why I asked him if he had it. It's not worth near 150 without the sleeve, if it was mint with the sleeve it might make close to it on Ebay but I don't think you would get it on Adverts.
    80 euro was a fine price to get it for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement