Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,774 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If it gets more people playing Earthbound so we can discuss how wonderful a game is I'm all for it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Seems like a lot of effort. Since they aren't original I'd just use a flashcart.

Same here, I would probably buy Mother and play Earthbound via flash cart. You still own the game but you're just playing it in a different language. I don't see the point in spending stupid money for a cart only US version when the SF version is so well priced in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

If it gets more people playing Earthbound so we can discuss how wonderful a game is I'm all for it :P

Well certainly in the case of Clocktower, its a chance to play it on real hardware & in English off a real SFC Clocktower cart...that has to be cool
    Monkeykube wrote: »
    I don't see the point in spending stupid money for a cart only US version when the SF version is so well priced in comparison.

Well thats the whole point actually :p The SFC carts because if their language barrier, are usually seriously cheaper. I seen Mother 2 for twenty odd quid for example, this is Earthbound but in a language we don't understand. If I can get Mother 2, & mod it to be in English for less than €40 or so...I'm all for it. The further plus is you have a real cart, real boxes & manual/artwork...something a flash cart can't offer you.

The only difference between a converted Mother 2 in this case is a single chip on the cart pcb, no brainer if you ask me. Yes a flashcart is a true no brainer, but I hate the bloody things...oh lets browse through my collection of over 6 thousand roms...none of it means anything when its all at the touch of a button. Its why my Mame cab hasn't got a complete set..having too much choice is a real mood killer for me

And it wouldn't be 'killing' a game to make another, like the way repro's do. The way I plan to do it, is use the original cart for the same game only difference being the language.

An SFC Clocktower cart, change the chip, its still an SFC Clocktower cart.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Too much choice can lead to a feeling of apathy, well it does with me at times.

• Advertisement

Having said that, that sentiment is most definitely not true of tarts, fruit cakes, drop scones and other buttery based pastries, as I'll just eat them all.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Having said that, that sentiment is most definitely not true of tarts, fruit cakes, drop scones and other buttery based pastries, as I'll just eat them all.

:D:pac:

Delivery from Lukiegames takes AGES!!! Dying to play super starwars again!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,774 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

At least his prices are good and his shipping is the best from the US that I've found.

Oh the altered the matrix, and now 50hz pal is where the cool kids play.

At least his prices are good and his shipping is the best from the US that I've found.

Very true that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭antor

Dr Bob wrote: »
    hey Anto ,long time no see, cant believe you're selling elite (or are you only mad for the c64 one still?) :)

I know , but i hated the controls on the nes version, nothing beats the old keyboard and joystick

EnterNow wrote: »
    The only difference between a converted Mother 2 in this case is a single chip on the cart pcb, no brainer if you ask me. Yes a flashcart is a true no brainer, but I hate the bloody things...oh lets browse through my collection of over 6 thousand roms...none of it means anything when its all at the touch of a button. Its why my Mame cab hasn't got a complete set..having too much choice is a real mood killer for me

I would be the same in the fact that I love all the artwork and packaging that goes with the game, that's why I have a dislike of the whole digital download thing. I have decided to go with the Japanese format for the Saturn as I find the artwork a lot more appealing.I have bought a few games that I had being playing as acquired versions but hope to build up a nice collection over time. Flash carts can become overloaded with roms but they do allow you to try before you buy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

But if you just want to try before you buy then just use an emu, certainly a lot cheaper than a flash cart.
    But if you really just want to be able to play, on original hardware, those games that are just too hard to find or require the sale of a body part to fund then go for it.
    A bit of discipline is all that is needed, to avoid clogging the things with every rom you can get.
    Same goes for burning dvdr's/cdr's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Shenmue (Dreamcast) for €25 (€28 delivered)

http://www.adverts.ie/games/shenmue-for-sega-dreamcast-pal/2125118

would be buying it if I didnt have it already

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Seems legit.

Seems legit.

My thoughts exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

"A Russian Cover"

In soviet Russia game cover prints you!

I love how minty fresh the cart label is, a testament to vacuum storage no doubt

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yes, the genuine "coloured in by a preschooler" was a classic Sega sign of a prototype cart, rumour has it Sonics proto had a cover done in crayon by a three year old, true story....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,360 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

OwaynOTT wrote: »

That's some Neo Geo lot:eek:
    GLWS

Monkeykube wrote: »
    That's some Neo Geo lot:eek:
    GLWS

Not 100% certain I want to sell yet but it's not getting much use unfortunately.
    I originally started out only wanting Snes stuff and I've lost my way a bit and now im trying to narrow my scope a bit.
    Also Aes collecting is out of my league.
    Btw not expecting any thing close to the asking but found it hard to price the lot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I know you said pics available on request but it would probably help your cause if you uploaded even a few, at least of the console and one of all the games together.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I know you said pics available on request but it would probably help your cause if you uploaded even a few, at least of the console and one of all the games together.

Working with an extremely slow connection at the moment and just didn't have the patience after how long the two nes games took.
    Will be uploading some later this week and also adjusting the price, as its dreamers oft at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I had my max bid set to $75 on this monstrosity, it went for $76.
    I'm sort of glad I didn't get it, but still, would have been one for the collection :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plumbers-Dont-Wear-Ties-3DO-1994-COMPLETE-W-EVERYTHING-IN-EXCELLENT-SHAPE-/300798137702?ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBUAA:IE:3160

Steve SI wrote: »
    I had my max bid set to $75 on this monstrosity, it went for $76.
    I'm sort of glad I didn't get it, but still, would have been one for the collection :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plumbers-Dont-Wear-Ties-3DO-1994-COMPLETE-W-EVERYTHING-IN-EXCELLENT-SHAPE-/300798137702?ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBUAA:IE:3160

For god sake man :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭Steve X2

EnterNow wrote: »
    For god sake man :D
    I know, I know :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement