Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

It Feels Like My Gun Jams !

Options
  • 12-05-2014 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭

So I join a server , my ping is around the 20 to 30 mark , so is the ping of most of the others on this hypothetical server . I spawn there is no one about ( or there is , doesn't matter ) I press and hold down the Fire button and empty the clip , be it 30 or 200 , I reload , no problems ....... so far .

Sometimes when I get into a firefight medium to close range I seem to fire off a few rounds and then have to release and re-press the mouse button .... it's like if the gun jams , which of course I know it doesn't . At first I was convinced it was the end of my good old trusted G500 ( and how that would break my heart ) but then I went onto the firing range and had no problems and like I said if it's out in the open on a map I have no hassle there either .

So is this a known problem that others have experienced ? I am usually good a defining search parameters for finding what I am looking for but I can't seem to see any other references to this problem in the BF forums ( that might al;so be down to my old age catching up to be ) .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Might sound off, but have you checked to ensure your not accidentaly changing the firing mode on the weapon?

Some guns have semi and auto, so it's a single press to go from one to another. But some guns have burst. I know every now and again I get caught out thinking I'm on full auto but put a burst down range and am standing there with nothing happening.

Can't say I've experienced any bug or issue where my gun just stops firing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

^ this annoys me so much. Broke through the enemy line yesterday and crept up behind them. Held the fire button on the F2000 and one bullet popped out. Enemy turns round and murders me. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

TheDoc wrote: »
    Might sound off, but have you checked to ensure your not accidentaly changing the firing mode on the weapon?

Some guns have semi and auto, so it's a single press to go from one to another. But some guns have burst. I know every now and again I get caught out thinking I'm on full auto but put a burst down range and am standing there with nothing happening.

Can't say I've experienced any bug or issue where my gun just stops firing.

One of the first things I thought of but no , that's not it unfortunately .
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    ^ this annoys me so much. Broke through the enemy line yesterday and crept up behind them. Held the fire button on the F2000 and one bullet popped out. Enemy turns round and murders me. :mad:

aha ! someone else .... I'm not alone .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

jonski wrote: »
    aha ! someone else .... I'm not alone .

No, sorry I was referring to The Doc's post. I'm always changing the fire mode by mistake and not realising it. (PS4 controls make it relatively easy to do)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Well the new patch seems to have solved my problem .

• Advertisement
Advertisement