Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Was I being a total noob? Confused.

• 18-01-2014 3:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

I am new to Battlefield and up to now I've been playing mostly Team Deathmatch, Rush and Defuse. I haven't really played using armor until today. But this is what happened. I hop into a tank that was driving by and the guy goes over to take a flag. There were enemy tanks there and he was working on taking them out and I was on the gun killing people on the ground. I thought I did a really good job of taking out guys that were trying take us out. I killed four of them and we got the flag. I thought great we did a good job of getting this. But, then I looked in the chat and read "GET THE **** OUT OF MY TANK! ". So confused I get out and he drives off. Next I try to hitch a ride from another tank that was going onto the next objective but was promptly kicked out. When I finally get there on foot that guy was getting raped but, this time I don't even attempted getting in and he dies. He might not of died if I had been in the tank helping.
    I thought your suppose to work together as a team to take flags and kill **** in conquest. Was I being a noob or was the guy that told me to get out of the tank being a dick? Because he was eventually kicked off the server for swearing. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Being a dick. Always good to have a gunner who can aim in the tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

defiantly a dick, not once have I ever seen that happening reckon you were just unlucky no good tank driver is going to say no to an extra pair of eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

I have the opposite problem - not enough tem mates jumping in to man the gun !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

So it's OK to get into random armor? There is no team etiquette to it? Because, I'm half afraid to get into one now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So it's OK to get into random armor? There is no team etiquette to it? Because, I'm half afraid to get into one now.

If someone just hops out to repair, lower barriers etc, then it's impolite to hop and take it over when doing so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Spear wrote: »
    If someone just hops out to repair, lower barriers etc, then it's impolite to hop and take it over when doing so.

:D Yeah, I know, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID5OhZtxaIQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

that guy was getting raped

Games are far too graphic these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,745 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It's all open in battlefield so if someone tells you to get out of their tank screw them. Stay there until they get out then drive off with it.

I was on one map we were getting hammered by tanks , I look at the map and see one back near our spawn. I respawned ran over and saw some guy was sitting in the gunner seat just shovoting the scout chopper. Utterly useless for the team so I jumped into it and took it.

He raged about me taking the tank but I just told him it was needed to help the team nit to be wasted by him getting his own k/d up.

The only bad thing to do is either take one from someone repairing, or being the gunner and when the driver gets out to repair the gunner jumps in the driver's seat and speeds off without him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

I am new to Battlefield and up to now I've been playing mostly Team Deathmatch, Rush and Defuse. I haven't really played using armor until today. But this is what happened. I hop into a tank that was driving by and the guy goes over to take a flag. There were enemy tanks there and he was working on taking them out and I was on the gun killing people on the ground. I thought I did a really good job of taking out guys that were trying take us out. I killed four of them and we got the flag. I thought great we did a good job of getting this. But, then I looked in the chat and read "GET THE **** OUT OF MY TANK! ". So confused I get out and he drives off. Next I try to hitch a ride from another tank that was going onto the next objective but was promptly kicked out. When I finally get there on foot that guy was getting raped but, this time I don't even attempted getting in and he dies. He might not of died if I had been in the tank helping.
    I thought your suppose to work together as a team to take flags and kill **** in conquest. Was I being a noob or was the guy that told me to get out of the tank being a dick? Because he was eventually kicked off the server for swearing. :confused:
    It's all open in battlefield so if someone tells you to get out of their tank screw them. Stay there until they get out then drive off with it.

I was on one map we were getting hammered by tanks , I look at the map and see one back near our spawn. I respawned ran over and saw some guy was sitting in the gunner seat just shovoting the scout chopper. Utterly useless for the team so I jumped into it and took it.

He raged about me taking the tank but I just told him it was needed to help the team nit to be wasted by him getting his own k/d up.

The only bad thing to do is either take one from someone repairing, or being the gunner and when the driver gets out to repair the gunner jumps in the driver's seat and speeds off without him.

I haven't gotten such a laugh out of a thread in a while, dont know much about battlefield, haven't really got the time, but it sounds good, just didnt think it was so funny :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

cerastes wrote: »
    I haven't gotten such a laugh out of a thread in a while, dont know much about battlefield, haven't really got the time, but it sounds good, just didnt think it was so funny :pac::D

The funny bit is when you jump out to repair and your gunner bails . Then enemy take the perfect tank !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭carti2k

I have opposite situation. It's funny when you hop into someone's tank and when we got hit I usually go out and try to repair, but most of time tank driver just drive away and... BOOM! :D
    Best solution is to play with friends - who knows how to do a good teamplay, or just simply use headset and scream: "dude! wait, I'm reapiring tank, can't you see?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

carti2k wrote: »
    I have opposite situation. It's funny when you hop into someone's tank and when we got hit I usually go out and try to repair, but most of time tank driver just drive away and... BOOM! :D
    Best solution is to play with friends - who knows how to do a good teamplay, or just simply use headset and scream: "dude! wait, I'm reapiring tank, can't you see?"
    I'm guilty of doing that :D

If I go up against another tank I'll generally move about to make it harder to hit me. My friend that normally sits in the gunner seat never tells me he's getting out to repair so gives out then when I drive off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

osheen wrote: »
    The funny bit is when you jump out to repair and your gunner bails . Then enemy take the perfect tank !!
    Wait until the enemy engineer stops repairing the tank, then kill them. Remember to thank them for their tank.

OP; if the tank person is driving along the road, shoot everything that moves. If the tank is driving off-road trying to avoid being detected, only shoot if you really have to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

An episode of Battlefield Friends should cover this :P

Ah people are complete idiots playing games online. I had one fella hop into my tank and refused to shoot anything even tho my mate was trying to get in and is a good repairist and gunner.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭carti2k

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I'm guilty of doing that :D

If I go up against another tank I'll generally move about to make it harder to hit me. My friend that normally sits in the gunner seat never tells me he's getting out to repair so gives out then when I drive off :D

That is good, but you also must see if the gunner is in our out -> bottom right side of screen. This brings profit - better game expierience, better teamplay, and victory against enemy tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

carti2k wrote: »
    That is good, but you also must see if the gunner is in our out -> bottom right side of screen.
    I've shot chopper pilots, and have seen no-one get out whilst the chopper falls to the ground. And then the crew all die. It really fills you full of a warm fuzzy feeling of satisfaction :) So it works both ways :P

Advertisement