Hibernia Primary Tracher training. - Page 6 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-08-2013, 17:11   #76
mcswank

Thanks for that will do!
Advertisement
05-08-2013, 22:17   #77
c.k28

Hi guys, I am thinking of doing the hibernia or else the PGCE online. I aim to start in in Sept '14.

I was looking up on the teaching council website and there is an important note up for people commencing a teaching qualification outside Ireland from Jan 1st 2014 stating that:

"a postgraduate diploma in education (e.g. P.G.C.E.) must have a credit weighting which is not less than equivalent to 120 European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) Credits (or 240 CATS)".

So basically I'm just wondering if the PGCE has this amount of credits and will I still be able to go ahead and do the PGCE rather than doing the hibernia??
05-08-2013, 23:36   #78
dambarude

Your best bet is to look up a PGCE course you would be interested in and check its credits. From what I can see PGCE courses appear to be 60 ECTS, meaning it would not be eligible.
15-08-2013, 05:51   #79
Reginak

Hi everyone! I am looking for serious advice. I went back & did hons Irish last year. I got my results yesterday... Got a B2.. Well chuffed with my self. I did the Hibernia interview about three weeks ago and they offered me a place pending my results., so now I have a place in sept cohort. In the meantime I fell pregnant. I am currently 3 months. I want nothing more than this baby & also to be a primary school teacher. I am due in march, so I have decided to defer till the April 2014 cohort. Is it do able with a new baby? Should I refuse my place altogether and re apply next September? Is it easier to do the course with a new baby or a toddler? I'm so bloody confused. Has anyone else been in my shoes???

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion