Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses - Irish Date Announced!

• 04-06-2010 8:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Tickets go on sale next Friday, they're playing the 02 in September.

Think its 1st of September...just heard it on Today FM. Woohoo!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

my source was right so happy days! i posted this in yer french thread ****in class news dont have to follow them round europe now..well maybe 1 or 2 extra shows...hope the missus doesnt see this haha

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭yknaa

Another date added. Belfast 31st August

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

yknaa wrote: »
    Another date added. Belfast 31st August

Brilliant, now I just have to wait and find out what price the tickets will cost

http://mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=5747138&ar=gunsnroses&cat=all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭hynesie08

tickets priced at 65.50-70.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Brilliant, now I just have to wait and find out what price the tickets will cost

http://mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=5747138&ar=gunsnroses&cat=all

and the Odyssey is £49 standing -£55 seated which of course is much cheaper, but road trips midweek ain't always a good idea......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'm in Germany until September 3rd. Noooooooooooooo

would someone be able to give me the pre-sale code for Dublin on Wed, PM me that morning, since I'm not an 02 customer and unsure how to get the code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I was just having a moan in a different thread about how annoying the last gig in the RDS was when Axl buggered off after nearly every song and left the others to play solos while he did whatever he did. Just as the gig was building momentum, he'd go off and we'd have to listen to some boring twiddlie bits on a guitar. I wonder does he still take these breaks. If he doesn't I'd love to go

I was just having a moan in a different thread about how annoying the last gig in the RDS was when Axl buggered off after nearly every song and left the others to play solos while he did whatever he did. Just as the gig was building momentum, he'd go off and we'd have to listen to some boring twiddlie bits on a guitar. I wonder does he still take these breaks. If he doesn't I'd love to go

The band is far far tighter on this tour compared to that show in 06 (which was great craic). Axl still takes breaks, not as much as last time though. The solo spots are better organised now and flow into songs. Richard Fortus does a nifty Bond Theme which flows into Live and Let Die, Ron Thal does a stripped down Don't Cry with the crowd singing (and if we are lucky Axl), the band jam on Another Brick In The Wall while the stage is set for November Rain which Axl starts off by doing a solo piano run of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road or another Elton John number. DJ Ashba does the Ballad of Death before kicking off Sweet Child O' Mine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Just seen this advertised on Ticketmaster. What was their RDS show like a few years ago?

Just seen this advertised on Ticketmaster. What was their RDS show like a few years ago?

Great craic, very sunny day, Axl was onstage bang on 8pm. This time they are a lot tighter as a band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Very, very torn about this one...
    The worldwide tour promotes the band's current album, Chinese Democracy

I wonder will it just be Axl Rose being a dick and playing all new stuff or will it be a cool gig for old times sake.

Very, very torn about this one...

The setlist has been varied so far elsewhere, they've been performing classic hits and newer material to keep everyone happy

Facebook Group already exists
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=131731720172662&ref=mf

• Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

would someone be able to give me the pre-sale code for Dublin on Wed, PM me that morning, since I'm not an 02 customer and unsure how to get the code
    Ya similar problem for myself. I signed up and thought" I havent a hope here," but they emailed me back saying they will keep me informed.

But if anyone would be willing to share I'd appreciate it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Here's a review from the first night of their European tour. Axel came on stage just after 11pm, two hours late...

There's a badly translated (google translate) review of the show here
    http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bt.no%2Fbergenpuls%2FPyropakke-uten-sjel-1094508.html&sl=no&tl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

It still pains me that I missed the GNR and faith no more gig in Slane a good few years back. I've thankfully seen FNM since (and would see them again and again, and hope to too) but I think the draw for GNR with it's unrecognisable line-up and Axl's carry on may have passed for me. Shame, but I think this gig has just been announced a few years too late for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Im gonna be at The Download Festival when the tickets go on sale :mad:

Would i be able to get a ticket at a ticketmaster in the UK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i read in the herald the go on sale july 11th

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

A V A wrote: »
    i read in the herald the go on sale july 11th

Ticketmaster says the 11th of June

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Pauleta wrote: »
    Ticketmaster says the 11th of June

O2 Customers can get 'em Wednesday as usual but I find the tickets available then are not the best ones.

They seem to hold back the close sections seats like Block C, D and E.

The last time they played Dublin in '06 they were bang on time at 8pm. Saying that I expect them to be late, GNR are always late :D

If you are going to get annoyed by that then don't bother going.

They will play at least 20 songs and if we are lucky 25+

Their latest tour has been getting rave reviews by the fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

after the last album i was turned off them because it was crap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

not tryng to be smart think i just proved my self wrong lol stupid news paper

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/music/guns-nroses-coming-back-to-rock-the-o2-2207789.html

yeah they came on bang on time in the RDS because axl was flying out straight after the gig for the silverstone grand prix but the band hung around for a few days after it...ill be hitting both the belfast and dublin gigs cant fooking wait miss it at your peril!!

after the last album i was turned off them because it was crap.

Thanks for the contribution to the thread. Now run along to all the other gig threads of the bands you don't like and do likewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

RonMexico wrote: »
    The band is far far tighter on this tour compared to that show in 06 (which was great craic). Axl still takes breaks, not as much as last time though. The solo spots are better organised now and flow into songs. Richard Fortus does a nifty Bond Theme which flows into Live and Let Die, Ron Thal does a stripped down Don't Cry with the crowd singing (and if we are lucky Axl), the band jam on Another Brick In The Wall while the stage is set for November Rain which Axl starts off by doing a solo piano run of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road or another Elton John number. DJ Ashba does the Ballad of Death before kicking off Sweet Child O' Mine.

Awesome, you just save me 70 lids ;);)

the funny thing is about giving out out about all the solo's its no different to when they played on the illusions tour with slash and co they all had solo spots duff did his thing,there was a pointless drum solo, slash did the godfather among other little ditties and there was numerous band jams like wild horses etc etc..all im saying is give these new guys a chance believe me it will be worth it and axl has vocally gotten back to his best on this tour so even if ya do just go to hear the hits im sure you wont leave dissapointed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

this is just a bit too pricey for me, i'd go if it was €40 - 50, but seeing axl and a bunch of randomers isn't the same as seeing guns n' roses. Slash in vicar st. was only €42 which is a lot more reasonable

Advertisement