Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Drive Speed Limits?

Options
  • 27-01-2015 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

I just started trying to use Google Drive for real, as an external drive substitute.

I have 'Google Apps for Education' and discovered that they now give unlimited storage on Google drive.

http://googleforeducation.blogspot.ie/2014/09/announcing-drive-for-education-21st.html

I'm still playing around with it, but have run into a few problems.

A crucial one is the upload speed. I'm uploading a very large number of mainly small files in a complex folder structure. Initially, I was getting an average of 1-2mbits upload speeds in a wave pattern with the top of the wave at about 10mbits.

I then tried splitting the upload into five parts with five separate browser windows and now the pattern is much more stable but still maxs out at about 10mbits a second.

The question is whether anyone knows if Google has upload speed limits or could it be my Eircom fibre connection. I have a profile which gives over 20mbit upload speeds, and consistently tests over that as well.

As I said, I'm new to this, so maybe someone might have tips for getting better speeds and stability.

Comments

Advertisement