Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

I have a 6850 and it runs the catleap fairly well. I don't know about fps but runs skyrim, shogun 2 and bf3 reasonably well at medium-high settings

• Registered Users Posts: 53,833 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

with this monitor what's the highest res could I play bf3 with a i5,8gb ram and 2 x 570s ?

The full 2560*1440 comfortably IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Headshot wrote: »
    with this monitor what's the highest res could I play bf3 with a i5,8gb ram and 2 x 570s ?
    it'll be good for 1440p on mostly ultra (no AA) I'd say, but if you're concerned, you can bring your rig to mine and do a quick test.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    it'll be good for 1440p on mostly ultra (no AA) I'd say, but if you're concerned, you can bring your rig to mine and do a quick test.

you know I think i may bring my rig to you for the craic tea

Maybe you can find out why it takes so long to enter a match for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    Clearance Delay is nothing to be worried about. everyone gets it. it is likely you'll pay customs though :(
    Thanks for that, any idea how long it'll be in there? It's been like that since 9.35. I'd really like it to arrive today, but it's looking unlikely.

Headshot wrote: »
    you know I think i may bring my rig to you for the craic tea

Maybe you can find out why it takes so long to enter a match for me

I'd probably do a reinstall at this point headshot :o
    Eboggles wrote: »
    Thanks for that, any idea how long it'll be in there? It's been like that since 9.35. I'd really like it to arrive today, but it's looking unlikely.

for me, I got that, and my monitor arrived the next morning. it was coming from Shannon to Limerick so maybe you'll get it today.

my friend though, not so lucky. he got a demand for the invoice and it spent days in customs going back and forth :(:(

Oh well, thanks for that. Hopefully it'll arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Currently on one 1080 and one 1280x1024 panel. Very tempted to replace the 1280 with a catleap, but I dont think the 5770H will run it without upping the clocks a little, and my case(dell) cooling doesnt really allow for a huge amount of that.

I could game on the 1080, but I dont know if that'd drive me nuts or not....hnnngh

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭God Father

I'm still planning on getting one of these, still saving up the funds :/

Have to try get a summer job again now the College exams are finished :P

I see they have a white Catleap now :) Think I am going to get that over the black.

• Advertisement

God Father wrote: »
    I'm still planning on getting one of these, still saving up the funds :/

Have to try get a summer job again now the College exams are finished :P

I see they have a white Catleap now :) Think I am going to get that over the black.
    link? I can't find any.

just a note for everyone:

what I have started to notice is many listings advertising 'free monitor testing' and 'perfect pixel' in the title, but if you read the fine print it says 5 dead pixels or less is satisfactory, and 'no serious back light bleeding' which are just checkes the factory is going to do anyway. avoid these guys, they're chancing their arm and dont deserve the sale. stick to the bigger players, like greensum, Samsung-Korea, bigcloth etc and send them a message if you're actually looking for perfect pixel and it'll cost around $30 extra.

I'd take it as this comes with the perfect pixel guarantee? It better, because it's cleared customs and I'll be using it very soon... :cool:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Perfect-Pixel-27-inch-New-Potalion-2710QW-2560x1440-WQHD-Quad-HD-Monitor-/140763389829?pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_Monitors&hash=item20c626df85#ht_15998wt_1163

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

God Father wrote: »

Now you've got me interested in this.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-YAMAKASI-CATLEAP-Q270-SE-LED-27-2560X1440-WQHD-DVI-D-White-Computer-Monitor-/110897718002?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item19d204e2f2#ht_36988wt_1163

What's this that arrived at my door? Check the attachments. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Shiny! That's a lot of threads in the one screen.

Why does your start menu button look monochrome? Theme or just reflection?

Monotype wrote: »
    Shiny! That's a lot of threads in the one screen.

Why does your start menu button look monochrome? Theme or just reflection?

Theme, it's black and white (uncle-sam-ie has the same I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Whats the packaging like on these?

deejer wrote: »
    Whats the packaging like on these?

Very sturdy, massive amount of bubblewrap :D.

Should add, I got hit with €55 customs. This is with DHL and Bigclothcraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

Seems too good, is the only drawback the possible customs charge which still doesn't make it bad value?

and possibly a nightmare to return under your "1 year warranty".

didn't stop me though and I couldn't be happier :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

Just ordered a Catleap on ebay from Green-sum. Will I have to buy a socket adapter or is one provided?

Ryan451 wrote: »
    Just ordered a Catleap on ebay from Green-sum. Will I have to buy a socket adapter or is one provided?
    just a kettle lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

Upon Research:
    Only drawback is the single DVD-D input.
    And no HDMI, which is actually a good thing for monitors unless you want to use it for a console at some point.

SE is without speakers.
    Is it worth the 50 euro for a "pixel perfect" version?

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Upon Research:
    Only drawback is the single DVD-D input.
    And no HDMI, which is actually a good thing for monitors unless you want to use it for a console at some point.

SE is without speakers.
    Is it worth the 50 euro for a "pixel perfect" version?

Mine was €286 with perfect pixel, I'd recommend you get it. The stand is not the greatest but does the job. Bigclothcraft was a great seller, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Would a monitor of this resolution be worth it with a single 670? I'm getting the 670 to play with quality graphics for the next year or so, but will games start to come down into noticeably bad fps with a screen this size? Would I be better off with a 24" 1920x1050?

Would a monitor of this resolution be worth it with a single 670? I'm getting the 670 to play with quality graphics for the next year or so, but will games start to come down into noticeably bad fps with a screen this size? Would I be better off with a 24" 1920x1050?
    Get it, I'm running great off a single 6850. For example: 40+ fps in ARMA2 with no post process, or AA, but very high detail preset. No FXAA either. Maxing out Tribes: Ascend and Skyrim, again without AA. I'm using the ultra preset in Skyrim with FXAA enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Well I've been lurking here for long enough so it's time to bite the bullet and join the club.

First things first, will my EVGA GTX 580 (3072MB) be up to the task of doing these screens justice?

Secondly which seller offers the best value? I'm not just looking for the cheapest, I want a fairly solid stand, secure packaging and I'll probably go for perfect pixel. Is there any update on getting these screens to 120Hz? I'd be willing to swap PCBs if needed.

Thanks.

Has anyone had any success in cleaning these screens? I have some kind of spray stuff that cleans my 2312hm but just leaves the catleap looking all smudgy :cool:
    Possibly because it's a glossier surface?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Try a different cloth? You really need a lint free one to get a nice result.

• Advertisement

Can someone link me to what wall bracket is used with this tv?

Thinking of getting one but I want to see what the full price will be

Advertisement